What about Strats makes you want something alternative?

The only thing the SA has in common with a Strat is pickup configuration.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
My first guitar was a squier bullet hss strat. I liked the single in the neck and humbucker in the bridge but the guitar just felt like crap. The massive plate where the neck is bolted on was also really annoying. There's just nowhere I can go to try this guitar so I wondered if anyone on here had any opinions on it.
Quote by twotooto2jn
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page15.php?year=2015&cat_id=1&series_id=5&data_id=217&color=CL01

Feelings? I'm looking for a good alternative to a fender/squier strat

Im not the biggest ibanez fan, but its just because of the super thin necks, but if thats your bag id go for that, I havent held a badly mad ibanez in years, they are great for the money, Id get it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-LTD-ST-213-HSS-Maple-Black-2013-Electric-Guitar-Brand-New-Sale-/331521794944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d303d this is also a great option, check it out.
Quote by twotooto2jn
My first guitar was a squier bullet hss strat. I liked the single in the neck and humbucker in the bridge but the guitar just felt like crap. The massive plate where the neck is bolted on was also really annoying. There's just nowhere I can go to try this guitar so I wondered if anyone on here had any opinions on it.

Ah, a man after my own heart. I've become somewhat more accepting in recent years, but for a really long time I was adamant that block bolt on heels were atrocious design. I mean, I still think they are, but I've learned to deal with it a little now.

Can you be more specific about what exactly made it feel like crap? I can help you narrow something down a bit better.

But for now, the SA is a good starting point.

Just for your knowledge/interest, check this out: the back of an American Deluxe HSS Strat. Note the heel.

Quote by Bmullet00
Im not the biggest ibanez fan, but its just because of the super thin necks, but if thats your bag id go for that, I havent held a badly mad ibanez in years, they are great for the money, Id get it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-LTD-ST-213-HSS-Maple-Black-2013-Electric-Guitar-Brand-New-Sale-/331521794944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d303d this is also a great option, check it out.

A lot of Ibanezes have their own series specific neck profiles - the SA models actually aren't that thin. The paper thin D neck is pretty much just an RG thing. Ibanez has way more series than that.

Good call on the LTD though, they have slightly contoured heels like the American Deluxe Strats.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 9, 2015,
The LTD might be a good idea because it has the same neck as my current guitar (ec-256).