I watched part of a wildlife documentary the other day and the music was really nice and relaxing so I thought I would try and write something similar. I've been meaning to experiment with/study monotonies so it's only a two chord vamp.

Not much to say about this one; really repetitive but hopefully the melody is nice enough to hold interest.
Attachments:
wfjjj.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 9, 2015,
ill check this out later tonight when i finish my classes. in the meantime, can you check out my recent post(s)? preferably the acoustic one

Edit: thanks for using GP5 haha ive been seeing too much GPX lately (never used the program, just dont like it because i cant view any of the files)
Last edited by pAWNlol at Apr 8, 2015,
im back!

first of all, you do know that GP has a timpani channel already haha not sure why you set it to reverse cymbal (or may thats an error). although, after i fixed that, i found that the timpani was a bit too loud in my opinion. kind of jarring compared to how peaceful the rest of it was

all in all if you turn down the timpani, youll have quite a nice, peaceful, and serene piece here! nice work!
Oh, I wasn't really expecting feedback on this

The reverse cymbal is actually used in bar 12; I didn't decide to use the timpani until afterwards. I guess it is a bit loud, but this is actually supposed to be "wildlife" not "nature". I was tired when I posted this, and I can see how it could be a little jarring if you were staring at plants and trees

But yeah, it's supposed to have a slightly anxious or "predatorial" vibe to it. I'll edit the title to hopefully reflect that.

Thanks for listening, though! I'll give your piece a listen tonight, since it would probably be unfair to judge it based on my crappy laptop speakers.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 9, 2015,
Quote by imspazzen
Oh, I wasn't really expecting feedback on this

The reverse cymbal is actually used in bar 12; I didn't decide to use the timpani until afterwards. I guess it is a bit loud, but this is actually supposed to be "wildlife" not "nature". I was tired when I posted this, and I can see how it could be a little jarring if you were staring at plants and trees

But yeah, it's supposed to have a slightly anxious or "predatorial" vibe to it. I'll edit the title to hopefully reflect that.

Thanks for listening, though! I'll give your piece a listen tonight, since it would probably be unfair to judge it based on my crappy laptop speakers.

hey, i saw that yours had no comments, so i figured id share the love haha but if you were going for a predatory vide, then the loud timpani would make more sense (id still say turn it down a little bit though)