I was checking eurotubes lately for some pres and noticed the ecc83smg & new El34 variant called 'EL34II'. But also came across this:
https://www.eurotubes.com/store/pc/the%20jj%20one%20guitar%20amp.htm
I didn't know they got into making guitar amps, makes me wonder about the recent QC rumours of their tubes going downhill being true.

Anyne come across their amp in person at all?
Looks kinda cool man. Wonder how it would sound with some decent tubes...?

I kid I kid
I hadn't heard about recent tube QC rumors, don't care (I think I'm stocked into the next century with tubes at this point). Slapping together a decent hand-wired tube amp using cheap labor (in, say, Estonia) isn't a new concept. Ceriatone does a great job of handwiring their amps (and they used to be available as kits only) in Indonesia. I'm a little surprised JJ is just now doing that.
That is interesting!

I've toyed with the concept of a single-ended KT120 driven true Class A amp running @50w, so this seems to simply be a scaled back version of my vision.

I would want more gain stages though.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

I would want more gain stages though.

You need to find a Carvin Quad-X somewhere. Probably cost you about $300 used on evilBay. It's an all-tube preamp (designed to work perfectly with their all-tube TS-100 power amp) that has more gain stages than you can shake your stick at. There are nine (!) 12 AX7 tubes in this thing, with up to 11 gain stages, depending on which of the four channels you choose. Lots more to play with, including six (that's SIX) FX loops, active controls, an assignable 5-band graphic EQ, built in boost, bass cloaking, MIDI controls, spring reverb, much more.
Quote by dspellman
You need to find a Carvin Quad-X somewhere. Probably cost you about $300 used on evilBay. It's an all-tube preamp (designed to work perfectly with their all-tube TS-100 power amp) that has more gain stages than you can shake your stick at. There are nine (!) 12 AX7 tubes in this thing, with up to 11 gain stages, depending on which of the four channels you choose. Lots more to play with, including six (that's SIX) FX loops, active controls, an assignable 5-band graphic EQ, built in boost, bass cloaking, MIDI controls, spring reverb, much more.

I've seen you mention that before and TBH it intrigues me. It would also make it much easier, just build the power end I want with the KT120 and plug it in!

I'm not sure there's a 'need' for a 50w Class A tube power amp, but fortunately we don't live in a needs based society...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I do find the new mg & 34II intriguing, the amp not that much but interesting to see them involved in making it.
Kind of tired of low gain amps tbh.

Can't wait til people from my generation start making shit. Golden days await!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X