Page 1 of 2
http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-planning-a-five-nights-at-freddys-movie-1696356202
Hollywood is now making a movie based of the horror indie game five nights a freddy's. I know the game is popular but seems to be taking things a bit too far. I mean what's next a slenderman movie.

And if you're not familiar with five nights a freddy's here's some game grumps for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip0ne-3N-Q4
Honestly, good on the guy for milking the absolute **** out of this while he can

I can see it being a decent shitty horror film though, who isn't absolutely terrified of murderous cuddly animatrons.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Halo, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted , Last Of Us, Assassin's Creed and probably some more that I cba to find have all promised a movie or TV show (or both like Uncharted) only for it to never happen, so I'm kind of skeptical.

Although tbf some of those are probably still in production.

If it is, I'm also skeptical it might not be good like most game to movie movies.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 8, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Halo, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted , Last Of Us, Assassin's Creed and probably some more that I cba to find have all promised a movie or TV show (or both like Uncharted) only for it to never happen, so I'm kind of skeptical.

If it is, I'm also skeptical it might not be good like most game to movie movies.

came here to mention the first 4
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I think I speak for many of us when I say:
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Mac came

Quote by Joshua Garcia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbXEKZVonko
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Apr 8, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia

the ratchet & clank one I'm still in disbelief is happening. can't picture how that translates to film at all.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by WaterGod
I mean what's next a slenderman movie.

Well dark skies was pretty much that but with aliens and it was a great film.
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Pastafarian96
I think I speak for many of us when I say:
*pear*

RIP Pasta
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Hollywood making a shitty film?! What has the world come to???

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by naedauuf
RIP Pasta

I'm leaving the pit in a completely different way to that in which I entered it.

Without dignity and at the cruel touch of a mod's authority and perhaps twisted sense of humour as compared to the rest of us.

Not posting pron tho.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
A slender man movie is long overdue, I think that could actually make a great horror film.

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Hollywood making a shitty film?! What has the world come to???

A least it's not another romantic comedy, or superhero movie, or remake.
Quote by Joshua Garcia

as far as I know Ratchet & Clank is still happening (like it's already basically done) but they just delayed the release. it probably won't be any good and for me it's already NON-CANON lol 'cause if I want their origin story I'll just play the first game. it's being produced by one of those studios that does the direct-to-dvd barbie movies.

there's a Sly Cooper film in production too which will probably also not be good assuming it's ever even released.

edit: lol didn't read thread before posting.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 8, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678
there's a Sly Cooper film in production too which will probably also not be good assuming it's ever even released.

edit: lol didn't read thread before posting.

They at least got Bentley's voice actor which is cool, and I think Murray's too but idk

In any case I'm intrigued and will probably watch it, I was always a big Sly Cooper fan
Quote by Shotgunmerc

They at least got Bentley's voice actor which is cool, and I think Murray's too but idk

In any case I'm intrigued and will probably watch it, I was always a big Sly Cooper fan

they got everyone except for Sly's voice actor.

Sly Cooper would translate to film way better than Ratchet and Clank. The Sly games always had a kind of Film Noir vibe and just the entire premise is more cinema oriented. In an ideal world it could actually be kind of good but it'll probably be like a 2/10 game-to-film adaptation that wasn't really needed. Especially with how bad the dialogue is in the games (but in the games it's done in a self-aware "it's just a video-game" way that has a certain charm to it).

Ratchet and Clank probably won't work at all. For one, it's a point-and-shoot platforming game and in film what I'm imagining is one of those bad Star Wars cartoons that look beyond corny and aren't good like the actual films. The newer games are also way more kid-oriented than the earlier games, which were sort of "age-ambiguous", and this movie seems like it would be the final nail-in-the-coffin in that regard. Plus it's basically a reboot with it REWRITING HISTORY and all that. >_> Insomniac Games is making a reboot game to tie in with the movie, which is why I think this one might actually come out unlike the others. If they had any sense they'd make a brand new plot that explores certain events in the games, and they'd make Dr. Nefarious the villain because even if it's a shitty children's cartoon that should have been released direct-to-video at least we'd have more of his antics.

this post was way too long given the subject matter lol.
While this will probably be shit, I can at least imagine it being fairly decent. It's not really an idea that has been done to death yet.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Just a tad

While we're talking about early 2000s Sony Franchises, can they make a Jak & Daxter movie? I would watch the shit out of Jak 2

Jak II is GOAT and a personal favourite of mine. Plus for videogame standards it actually has an immersive plot and characters that have at least some depth (okay the character part is a bit of a stretch compared to quality film/literature but still).

it could be good but idk, I feel like it still is best in game format. probably stupid but just the idea of seeing videogame characters in a proper film seems so weird to me. Instead I think it'd be good if they made a proper Jak IV (not Lost Frontier or Combat Racing) set in Haven City but the ideas they had were shit and I'm glad they cancelled. They should use my ideas. though I get that Jak III finished it off pretty well and it should probably stay in the past.

OT: horror games probably translate best to film than other genres. then again, Silent Hill seems like it would make a good movie but from what I know they ****ed that up. maybe it's a self-fulfilled prophecy sort of thing. nobody really takes the ideas seriously so they end up being shit even though they could be good.

Five Nights at Freddy's could probably work as like a b-horror film. idk. Slender would be terrible though. that game was more enjoyable when I thought it was just you running from some random murderer in the woods, which is something video games is a good medium for. when I found out he's an actual character with backstory I was like 'wtf why'.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 8, 2015,
Quote by Eastwinn
does anyone actually like game grumps?

loved them when Jon was still there

Arin is pretty insufferable a lot of the time now

Dan is awesome, as is Ross

Suzy is rly, rly annoying and ruins most episodes she's in. I watched the plants vs zombies just to try and like her, all she did was say "wow you guys are weird", didn't talk about the game, didn't add to jokes, was just bland

imo
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Eastwinn
does anyone actually like game grumps?

I watched a few videos after snipeltitz said I should watch some.

Arin is annoying, and they kept doing that thing where they intentionally **** up playing a game to make it look bad to confirm their predetermined bias.

didn't really find them funny either.
Boo!

teeheehee.

I wont see it (too spooky! and I don't care for most newer movies at all), but I'm with trowzaa; the game is a cool, unique concept. Good for them taking the money and running.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
has potential methinks
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Mac came

Nah, the idea of making this a movie is incredibly stupid.

Most films based on games are. Except for Pokemon obviously.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 8, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia

at least (most of) those were good games.

Freddy's sucks donkey dick. don't understand the hype.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
There was already a Slenderman film. It was called The Tall Man and it starred Jessica Biel and it is probably in the top 10 worst movies I've ever seen.

Quote by theguitarist
the ratchet & clank one I'm still in disbelief is happening. can't picture how that translates to film at all.

I could be remembering this wrong, but aren't the Ratchet and Clank games canonically holofilms to begin with? I'm pretty sure at the end of 1 or 2 it showed them watching a movie of their adventure.

Even if its not, the games use a lot of film tropes and whatnot, I don't see how all of you don't think they could work as movies.
Quote by Shotgunmerc

i am so unbelievably hype for this if it actually ends up being a thing

Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter are still two of my favorite series' of all time (excluding the JakX/Daxter spinoffs).
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Christ, I forgot Sly even existed
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm actually getting the plats in 2 through Thieves as we speak .

I feel like they were really under appreciated in their time... Except for Thieves which came out like a year or so ago
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by GuitarGod_92

I could be remembering this wrong, but aren't the Ratchet and Clank games canonically holofilms to begin with? I'm pretty sure at the end of 1 or 2 it showed them watching a movie of their adventure.

Even if its not, the games use a lot of film tropes and whatnot, I don't see how all of you don't think they could work as movies.

nah. they were watching Qwark's crotchitiser commercial.

the games do use a lot of film tropes, but just how safe and kiddy they've taken the series plus the fact it's being produced by the studio that makes the direct-to-video barbie films has me not feeling good about it.
i actually got the first game for free on my phone and i'd like monetary compensation for the time it took to download and the 5 minutes i played before uninstalling it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by slipknot5678
nah. they were watching Qwark's crotchitiser commercial.

the games do use a lot of film tropes, but just how safe and kiddy they've taken the series plus the fact it's being produced by the studio that makes the direct-to-video barbie films has me not feeling good about it.

the trailer was far from direct-to-video quality so idk why you keep bringing it up like its actually something to worry about
Quote by GuitarGod_92
the trailer was far from direct-to-video quality so idk why you keep bringing it up like its actually something to worry about

I just watched it again and while it's not as bad as I made it out to be I'm not all that impressed.

it's probably just me being dumb though because I'm imagining all these typical animated-film scenes but if it's in tr00 Ratchet and Clank style (which it kind of seems like) maybe it won't be too bad. just the overall style of it seems more like the later games which just weren't as 'natural' (just as one example they made Qwark almost too dumb to the point where it's not believable even in an exagerrated cartoon world and it seems like this will continue that trend).

also looks like there's a tatooine podracing scene.
Qwark getting progressively more dumb is like the best part of those games tho, hes the perfect comedic relief
Page 1 of 2