hello, I have an acoustic guitar that has 19 frets and it has a major problem, the scale length measured from the inside edge of the nut to the center of the saddle (plastic, non-adjustable, non-compensated) comes out as 24 5/32" while the 12 fret is 12 5/32. beyond the fact that the 12 fret doesnt line up properly like its supposed to and the frets need to be dressed every fret is out of "position" in the way that each fret plays out a note high so instead of playing an F on the first fret its playing an F# on the first fret in standard tuning so i would like to know how everyone else would approach this "repair"
Use this calculator to check if the distances you need match up with the scale length of the guitar

http://www.stewmac.com/fretcalculator

If they don't, the bridge needs to be moved. Dressing the frets is not going to solve the problem if the bridge is misplaced.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 8, 2015,
been there done that, already checked and double checked, confirmed the frets don't match up to the scale and as for dressing the frets, of course it wont solve the problem, but it will make them look better and will take out the tooling marks left by the mfg.
Well then, you know what to do to solve the intonation problem.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I was more hoping that someone would know of other options then just moving the bridge back 3/8 or so of an inch
Quote by rasterburn1
I was more hoping that someone would know of other options then just moving the bridge back 3/8 or so of an inch

There isn't.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R