Short and sweet, I've been looking into upgrading my bass. Main one I've been looking at is a $900 Geddy Lee jazz bass, but I have big hands and have always liked bigger necks, so I'm a bit apprehensive about the thinner neck on it. Anyone who has one, how much thinner is it than the standard C?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
You definitely will notice the difference on the neck.

They are however, superb basses. It's got upgraded pups, bridge, uses the 70's pick up spacing for a little extra growl and it's not incredibly over priced like 90% of the other signature models.

The only real flaw is that inlays are only painted on, so they could get scuffed or worn with use.
Just take a look at the standard jazz basses.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
They play amazingly, but i cant comment on the sound. Though it is jazz bass so...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Captain Insano
You definitely will notice the difference on the neck.

They are however, superb basses. It's got upgraded pups, bridge, uses the 70's pick up spacing for a little extra growl and it's not incredibly over priced like 90% of the other signature models.

The only real flaw is that inlays are only painted on, so they could get scuffed or worn with use.

Painted inlays are fine, it's only ever going to be a studio instrument, so it doesn't need to keep appearances up. How much thinner though is it? Like you said, everything else about it is great, so if there's any way I can get after it, I'd love to, but I'm not sure.

Quote by CNC-Digity
Just take a look at the standard jazz basses.

If you mean the MIM standards, I have played them, and I like my P Bass more, so it wouldn't make sense. If you mean American standards, that's $500 more.

Quote by necrosis1193
Painted inlays are fine, it's only ever going to be a studio instrument, so it doesn't need to keep appearances up. How much thinner though is it? Like you said, everything else about it is great, so if there's any way I can get after it, I'd love to, but I'm not sure.

If you mean the MIM standards, I have played them, and I like my P Bass more, so it wouldn't make sense. If you mean American standards, that's $500 more.

Save up.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Save up.

Why? Assuming that the Geddy Lee model feels right to me, what reason is there for me to spend $500 more?

Quote by necrosis1193
Why? Assuming that the Geddy Lee model feels right to me, what reason is there for me to spend $500 more?

None. But just so you know, the Jazz necks are all pretty much standard in Fender's line. There will be variation in the feel of the finish, the playability and feel of the fingerboard and frets and whatnot from the lower to higher end models, but if you're concerned about the size and shape of the neck, just look at any Jazz bass. If you played a Mexican one at a shop, that's pretty much what any other Jazz model will feel like.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by the_bi99man
If you played a Mexican one at a shop, that's pretty much what any other Jazz model will feel like.

This especially true how Fender works out it's artist models.

The Geddy Lee Jazz was in the past was CiJ until they've decided not to renew the export contract with Fender Japan. Now they're MiM with a slightly sanded down standard neck.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I own a MIM Geddy Lee signature. The neck is not only thinner but the radius is different - not a standard C shape. The best comparison I can make for you is an Ibanez Sound Gear. Necks are very similar. If you find a Sound Gear and your local music store and play it - it will feel similar to the Geddy Lee Fender (except that Fender uses gloss finish and Ibanez uses Satin).