Hi all, I'm looking to book a long weekend away with 6 others to Amsterdam. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good central hotels near where the fun happens(not the brothels )

Preferably a hotel that allows smoking, but that's not a deal breaker. I'm just after a hotel that won't require a taxi/tram to get to the city centre.

Cheers.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
The females in your group can stay with me.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I heard they make you wear a condom for a blowjob
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I heard they make you wear a condom for a blowjob

They don't want your filthy diseases yeah. This also protects you from their diseases.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
There are plenty. No idea why you're asking UG lol.

Look on easyjets site and then the hotels section.

Am planning to go there this summer myself.

Ibis is pretty cheap.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
You can probably find some good stuff here.

Can't really help you any further as I've only ever been in Amsterdam twice, and both times I pretty much only saw the train station and the zoo. Also I was 8 or something.
If you want to stay near all the tourist stuff you're going to have to pay for it just like anywhere else.
How much experience do u have in riding a bike?

Traffic can be chaotic to someone not used to it, but with a bike you can pretty much get from any to any point within 30 mins max and it's free. You can also do it while high/boozed, off course on own risk to injury, but it's very unlikely you get fined unless you act like an idiot.

And as said above^^ city centre is filled with 5 star hotels, it's always expensive in a city centre.

Look around the area called "Vondel park", it's not far from the centre, but you can safely bike/walk through the park, since motorized traffic is not allowed there. It also leads almost directly into "leidse plein", which is one of the big nightlife squares.

And after a few pints you can realistically walk from and to each square really.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Apr 9, 2015,
whatcha gonna do in Amsterdam?

get high?

yeah, u gon get high.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by xxdarrenxx
How much experience do u have in riding a bike?

Traffic can be chaotic to someone not used to it, but with a bike you can pretty much get from any to any point within 15-30 mins max and it's free. You can also do it while high/boozed, off course on own risk to injury, but it's very unlikely you get fined unless you act like an idiot.

Please don't promote tourist bike use. They're terribly annoying.
Quote by Jehuty

The combination of the short entertainment value when they **** up, and the ability to spot and avoid this terror while on the road myself, had me reevaluate that some time ago.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Jehuty

It's especially hilarious when they try to cross the tram tracks. Have seen so many people get stuck in them or go flat on their face. Ofcourse as a car driver you don't want them around, but I enjoy drinking something on a terrace and looking at people **** up in the street. You can tell who the foreigners are in an instant.

^What he said.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
theres loads of em. just go to a random one. Amsterdam is totally shit though, so not sure why you'd wanna go there.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
theres loads of em. just go to a random one. Amsterdam is totally shit though, so not sure why you'd wanna go there.

You, me, fight, in a neutral place. You bring all your friends, then I will also come alone.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You, me, fight, in a neutral place. You bring all your friends, then I will also come alone.

typical guy from Amsterdam, big mouth, small heart
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500