I really dont know how else to categorize this style of music. For my 1st semester here in Canada (originally from the US), i didnt have access to any of my electric guitars, only my classical. so i tried my best to incorporate my proggy rock/post-hardcore stylings onto my acoustic playing. These two songs are what have happened so far.

note: turn the reverb up a slight bit for both of them. also, for the song "dicking around", turn on the metronome. it sounds weird, but trust me! (its mostly because i tap my foot very hard while playing it, and it adds a nice rhythmic element)
Attachments:
#SwagMoney.gp5
Dicking around.gp5
I'm going to preface this by saying that I am probably the least qualified person to critique a solo guitar piece. My advice would typically be "LAYER IT TO HELL WITH STRINGS" but I'll try my best to just focus on the structure and flow.

#SwagMoney: I'm definitely getting a Pineapple Thief vibe from the first half of this track. Chorus progression is really nice. Those muted arpeggios sound like PacMan The section after the Chorus is begging for drums; sounds a bit odd on it's own tbh.

The part at bar 31 works nicely and I think it would make for a good Chorus tag and you could even bring it up at the end in this format: Chorus/Chorus Tag/Chorus/Outro

Not a big fan of section at bar 39. Maybe just stylistic differences, but it seems like it would be too hollow even with vocals. The part after (why did you stop naming them) works well enough. The outro works really well, although bar 72 seems a bit unnecessary.

dicking around: I'm running short on time so if I don't mention something assume I like it.

Some of the little fills seem a bit pedestrian. The ones like at bar 9 aren't bad, but during the Chorus they feel a bit out of place next to the more lush chords (like bar 37).

Yeah, that's about all I've got to say. They're enjoyable pieces and certainly nothing offensively bad. Like I said though, this is pretty removed from what I'm used to so take what I say with a grain of salt.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Quote by imspazzen
I'm going to preface this by saying that I am probably the least qualified person to critique a solo guitar piece. My advice would typically be "LAYER IT TO HELL WITH STRINGS" but I'll try my best to just focus on the structure and flow.

#SwagMoney: I'm definitely getting a Pineapple Thief vibe from the first half of this track. Chorus progression is really nice. Those muted arpeggios sound like PacMan The section after the Chorus is begging for drums; sounds a bit odd on it's own tbh.

The part at bar 31 works nicely and I think it would make for a good Chorus tag and you could even bring it up at the end in this format: Chorus/Chorus Tag/Chorus/Outro

Not a big fan of section at bar 39. Maybe just stylistic differences, but it seems like it would be too hollow even with vocals. The part after (why did you stop naming them) works well enough. The outro works really well, although bar 72 seems a bit unnecessary.

dicking around: I'm running short on time so if I don't mention something assume I like it.

Some of the little fills seem a bit pedestrian. The ones like at bar 9 aren't bad, but during the Chorus they feel a bit out of place next to the more lush chords (like bar 37).

Yeah, that's about all I've got to say. They're enjoyable pieces and certainly nothing offensively bad. Like I said though, this is pretty removed from what I'm used to so take what I say with a grain of salt.

i was actually planning on putting string in this once everything was done haha

never heard of pineapple thief, but ill have to check them out tomorrow. i wanted these songs to be regular prog rock songs with drums and everything, but all i had was my acoustic, so i had to make it work. also, i didnt realize that i forgot to label the parts haha ill get to that. and the part on 72 was just my idea of closing the song the way it started, like coming full circle. btw, what do you mean by "chorus tag", or "hollow" for the part on 39?

im also not sure what you mean by "pedestrian". but basically i try to use a combination of melodies, riffs, and chords for my acoustic music since i basically have to do everything alone; but i can see how it would be weird going back and forth between them so rapidly. ill try to smooth the transitions out
I'm not really sure how to explain a Chorus tag... just think of it as an extension of the Chorus, but it kind of cools it down (if that makes any sense at all). You can ignore my comment about bar 39; if you're planning to add other instruments it won't matter.

The "pedestrian" comment just means that the fills seem way too basic in context. You have these really nice chords but then simple open string licks as fills. I know they have to lead into the next chord, but I think you could come up with something better.
What I'm trying to say is not that the fills are bad, but the choice of notes seem a bit out of place.

I hope that helps clarify
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
ah, i think most people would call that a post-chorus. but i can see what you mean about the fills. honestly i finished the last song (dicking around) the day before, if not the same day that i posted it, so its still relatively unpolished. ill get to working on it!

thanks for all the feedback!