Hello,

I just got a few very old guitars found by a friend of mine in a very nasty old barn to restore them (already did many) but this time I have a very annoying problem as you have probably seen in the titel...

The guitar I got is a Egmond Toledo S1 (in a worse condition than the picture). It isn't very rare here since I'm from Holland and the build quality of these guitar is quite bad (already worked on a few of them) but they are fun to play and I feel like leveling and regretting the board BUT...

... when I got it it was incredibly dirty. Used like 20 rags to get it clean. When the outside was clean I went to take a look on the inside only to discover some rat/mouse shit. In the proces of this last observation I brought my nose a little to close to the sound hole experiencing a horrible piss smell

Does anybody have any idea how to get this out? I was thinking about pouring IPA (isopropyl alcohol) inside to 'damp' the urine and smell out. Is this a good idea or does anyone have a better suggestion?

an ozone machine will take it out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks for your advise! but I am hoping for something that doesn't involve me buying a €1000 machine... If this is the only option i will take a look at renting one!
Last edited by PowerEngine at Apr 8, 2015,
Quote by PowerEngine
thanks for your advise! but I am hoping for something that doesn't involve me buying a €1000 machine... If this is the only option i will take a look at renting one!

That is what I was meaning
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hit up your local pet store. They'll have several varieties of enzymatic cleaners specially designed for cat pee, which is worse than rat urine. Apply it, let it soak, and it'll neutralize the stuff.
Not to be too much of an alarmist but be careful inhaling around mouse droppings and urine. Look up "hantavirus".
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
Not to be too much of an alarmist but be careful inhaling around mouse droppings and urine. Look up "hantavirus".

Extremely important!