Hey guys, as some of you know, I recently got a friedman PT and I love the thing to death, it sounds amazing. I have a buddy that lends me amps quite often, so I play quite a lot of amps. So the other day I had a Mesa solo rec, loved it to bits, and today he let me borrow his DV mark multiamp, I was very impressed with it, It did everything from Mesa to a Bassman, and Im looking to put together a gigging rig, we play a lot Metallica and things of that nature, and the PT cant pull it off too well. So my question is, would I be best off just getting the Mesa? or is the DV mark worth the extra $ for all the other amps it has within it? (keep in mind that I quite like knowing that my amp wont blow up, Ive had a few bad experiences)
where is the NAD?
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
All Mesa amps are bulid like tanks, they rarely go wrong. Also it's a straight forward amp head not keen on all digital modeling stuff
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Apr 9, 2015,
If you like that Mesa sound check out the Roadster or Roadking (Roadster with EL34 Power section options).

The Roadster can do the Single Rec (50w, Diode Rectification) but has a ton of other tones built in as well.

It may be a good option and used is around the same price as the DV from what I can quickly find. I paid $1100 for my Roadster Combo used.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
If you like that Mesa sound check out the Roadster or Roadking (Roadster with EL34 Power section options).

The Roadster can do the Single Rec (50w, Diode Rectification) but has a ton of other tones built in as well.

It may be a good option and used is around the same price as the DV from what I can quickly find. I paid $1100 for my Roadster Combo used.

Ill look into those, thanks.
Never played a DV Mark but like I said in your other thread - I really dig my Single Rec Rectoverb.

I have no experience with the DV Marks. Unfortunately, that's just it. No one really does. My fear is that it may be hard to resell down the road if you tire of it. Unlike Mesa. Everyone know's what they are getting there. Besides, I got my Rectoverb used for $490. For the cost of the DV Mark ($1400 ish) you could get several killer amps. But then again, something tells me lack of money is not really an issue for you.

PS: Yeah - wanna see and hear that Pink Taco now.

PPS: All Rectos have EL34 options no?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Apr 9, 2015,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

PPS: All Rectos have EL34 options no?

Yeah, I think so but you have to choose EITHER 6L6 or EL34 and set the bias switch correctly, or at least you have to on my Roadster.

With the Roadking, you run BOTH 6L6 and EL34 and can mix and match per channel! It's a beast!

On the Preamp, the Roadster and Roadking are the same I believe. Basically the first 2 channels lifted from a Lonestar, well at least the Clean and Fat modes. Then you have a Tweed (chl 1) and Brit (chl 2) mode. The second 2 channels (yep, 4 channel Recto) are the second 2 channels from the 3 Channel Dual Rec. You also get 50/100W, Diode or tube rec., and reverb per channel.

Roadster power is either 6L6 or EL34 and the Roadking is both.

You also get a single Spongy or Bold power setting across all channels.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
But then again, something tells me lack of money is not really an issue for you.

Not really, but Im not about to drop 2500 on an axe fx, no matter how good it is thats why im interested in the dv mark, it sounded great, seems very easy to use, and its half the price.
I think you should get a rack rig - maybe one of the Marshall EL34 Monobloc power amps and MP-1 or Mesa power amp and TriAxis preamp. Alternately you could try the PSA-1 preamp into a Carvin power amp, does Metallica really well. That's what I'd do, all these are analog and tube rigs.
You could also use any existing power tube amp's channels for the preamps if you want to shave off a few $$$. I toured with PSA-1 and JCM900 plugged only through the fx return section for about two years, awesome tone!
The cheapest Metallica tone (very close) is either a DC or 50 Cal, Studio/Quad Pre, or Mark III.

I wouldn't get a recto if you want Metallica tone. It'll do it, but those options are much closer.
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Quote by diabolical
I think you should get a rack rig - maybe one of the Marshall EL34 Monobloc power amps and MP-1 or Mesa power amp and TriAxis preamp. Alternately you could try the PSA-1 preamp into a Carvin power amp, does Metallica really well. That's what I'd do, all these are analog and tube rigs.
You could also use any existing power tube amp's channels for the preamps if you want to shave off a few $$$. I toured with PSA-1 and JCM900 plugged only through the fx return section for about two years, awesome tone!

Ive always liked racks but ive never had one, ill look into it, thanks dude.