Hey

I'm new and I wanted to post an acoustic fingerstyle tab of a new song that hasn't been posted. I have the tabs here in front of me, of course at the bottom of the page they say: " template and arrangement Copyright (C) ...."

If I submit a tab and I copy that tablature, is it still copyrighted or not anymore because I didn't share the actual tab? I just wrote the notes over in a word document.
Or do I leave some notes out? Or how can I share that song with you guys? Or can't I?

Didn't find an answer in the FAQ, so I thought of posting it here.

Greetings!
Basically we don't accept copyrighted tabs. You should make the tab yourself and share with us.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
So if I type out that tab I have in this way:

e|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------0---------------------------------------------------------|
G|----2P0------0h2--2p0h2--------------------------------------------------|
D|-0-------0----------------------0----------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------3----------------------------------------------|
E|-0-------3------------------------------------------------------------ -------|

There will be no problems with copyright? Or you mean creating a whole new tab you create by yourself by listening by ear?
Last edited by Nooten92 at Apr 9, 2015,
I've noticed you can no longer download guitar pro and power tab versions of songs by certain bands, usually big ones, like Metallica. Is that down to the band or are the tabs determined to be copies of published tabs? I've made plenty of powertabs that correct the many mistakes in published tablature. So say I submit a power tab of a Metallica song that that differs greatly from a Cherry Lane or Hal Leonard tab that I find inaccurate, would it still be removed just because it's Metallica? Or would it stay due to it differing from all published works? Or is it removed because power tabs are sweet and they want you to either buy a book or suck on one of those crappy Microsoft notepad versions? I'm also suspicious because a lot of these "removed by publisher" tabs started popping up as TabPro was being rolled in. As a guitar teacher tabs with rhythmic notation are very useful so I paid for the TabPro service and it was still just some crappy inaccurate homemade tabs either copied from an inaccurate book or poorly done by ear so I stopped subscribing and have been making my own.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Quote by Nooten92
So if I type out that tab I have in this way:

e|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------0---------------------------------------------------------|
G|----2P0------0h2--2p0h2--------------------------------------------------|
D|-0-------0----------------------0----------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------3----------------------------------------------|
E|-0-------3------------------------------------------------------------ -------|

There will be no problems with copyright? Or you mean creating a whole new tab you create by yourself by listening by ear?

The second thing. Copying down what's in front of you is infringing on their copyright. It's right there in the name - they own the right to copy the work, not you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite