Howdy guys!

I was looking for an amp simulator. My main aim would be to have a portable amplifier, and if possible to be able to record with it. I have an iPad Air 2, and a PC at home. I would simply use it for myself, so there would be no need to run it into a PA system or anything.

I am completely at a loss what options there are in terms of apps, or what gear (cables/etc) I would need. On the other hand, I've considered a POD HD 500 and find it an interesting option, but I'm not quite sure if it would be worth shelling out about €400 (the new HD500X) or €300 (second-hand HD500) due to perhaps limited use. I'm living in Belgium (Brussels).

Feel free to mention any suggestions I may have missed, or simply don't know about. I would prefer staying under the budget of €400, although I can always consider going higher if it's simply great value. I'm not looking into an Axe-FX or Kemper, unless it's a donation!

My excuses if this is in the wrong subsection, by the way.
Jamup / Bias on the iPad, iRig HD for input.

Simple and easy.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Check out Peavey ReValver for the laptop. It has a gig mode (never tried it) to use with a Midi foot controller.

It has basically all of the Peavey amps, Dual Rec, Diesel Herbert, Engl PowerBall II, Marshall JCM900, Fender, AC30, etc.

Full version for almost all of the stuff is $100 USD or you can purchase in app for a few dollars at a time.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
My vote is for Bias.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Definitely the softube amp rooms and/or the lepou stuff if you have got a desktop computer.
Pair it with reaper, of which free trial lasts forever, and an unbranded guitar link, and there you go.

Bias only sounds good in youtube videos.

Props to the marketing division for the hype they managed to create tho
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Definitely the softube amp rooms and/or the lepou stuff if you have got a desktop computer.
Pair it with reaper, of which free trial lasts forever, and an unbranded guitar link, and there you go.

Opinions vary, but it sounds pretty good in my guitar room as well...and I'm using it exactly as I specified for him.

How were you using it?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Spambot_2

I'm sorry, but could you kindly elaborate on this? Conquering Dystopia recorded their entire debut record using only Positive Grid Bias (this entire time I had thought it was JamUp, but I just looked it up to confirm and it actually is Bias) and the tone is... nothing short of amazing.

Don't believe me?

http://conqueringdystopia.com/downloads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2dmvOomei0
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.