Hello everyone!
My band's first single came out yesterday, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! If you liked it, sharing it with your friends and spreading it around would be amazing as well!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgwsRLbHqK4
Bandcamp: drifterca.bandcamp.com
Check out my band: facebook.com/WeAreDrifterBand
Last edited by twostoomany at Apr 12, 2015,
Although I must acknowledge your style isn't especially my cup of tea, I will say your song has everything needed for a song like this to be good. It's energetic and catchy, grabbing your ears easily. Well-played and in general the performance was well delivered. Props to the drum work: simple and straight but powerful. If I had to mention some things to improve, I'd suggest the guitar player to practice a bit more on timing, hopefully with a metronome. I know this isn't about sounding perfect, but sometimes the guitar sounded a bit sloppy, particularly at the beginning of the song (easier to notice since he/she plays almost alone). Also, I'd consider a different kind of mixing for a next time. I don't know if it's about EQ or else but either I heard the voice too loud comparing to the other instruments or the EQ could be better for highlighting every instrument in the whole.
Other than that, good beginning and keep working, guys!
Quote by Tzirhk
Although I must acknowledge your style isn't especially my cup of tea, I will say your song has everything needed for a song like this to be good. It's energetic and catchy, grabbing your ears easily. Well-played and in general the performance was well delivered. Props to the drum work: simple and straight but powerful. If I had to mention some things to improve, I'd suggest the guitar player to practice a bit more on timing, hopefully with a metronome. I know this isn't about sounding perfect, but sometimes the guitar sounded a bit sloppy, particularly at the beginning of the song (easier to notice since he/she plays almost alone). Also, I'd consider a different kind of mixing for a next time. I don't know if it's about EQ or else but either I heard the voice too loud comparing to the other instruments or the EQ could be better for highlighting every instrument in the whole.
Other than that, good beginning and keep working, guys!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am our lead guitar player, and if anyone were to ask me what I thought my biggest downfall was, it's my timing. I'm working on that for the recording of the rest of our EP though. As a band we all noticed that the vocals were fairly loud, and we'll see about mending that issue when we go in to record the rest of our songs. Thanks again so much for your response!!
I'm not a fan of the pop-punk genre but I like a select few bands in that genre. This fits in really nicely. I'd agree with some of the mixing things that Tzirhk pointed out but overall it's a pretty solid single!
Quote by BreatheOver
I'm not a fan of the pop-punk genre but I like a select few bands in that genre. This fits in really nicely. I'd agree with some of the mixing things that Tzirhk pointed out but overall it's a pretty solid single!

Thank you so much for your feedback!
You guys did a great job I don't listen to this genre much either but it's played well, catchy, has you wanting to hear more. I would gladly take you guys over a couple of the guys in our local scene. Let's hear some more!
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
Quote by Xerosnake90
You guys did a great job I don't listen to this genre much either but it's played well, catchy, has you wanting to hear more. I would gladly take you guys over a couple of the guys in our local scene. Let's hear some more!

Thank you sooo much for your kind words!! We are working on putting the finishing touches writing our EP. Hopefully we will have it all released by this summer!
Quote by ironmanben
I'm liking that gritty bass tone. Also that's a great album cover picture.

Thanks for your kind words! We all had a laugh when the other guitarist showed us the picture, it was perfect for the album art