Page 1 of 2
i love new shoes. i spend around 50-200 depending on the shoe, and if it's on sale

i have like fourteen pairs or something, and I just got another that's shipping now
really though it just depends on your preference and what you do. if you spend loads of time outsdie, probably not a good idea to wear suede or velvet, nahmean?

also great shoes are seriously great
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
looking at the shoe, the pricetag is obsiouly big (thanks Nike), but if you really want them, go get them. they look pretty nice for a a shoe like that
it's all coming back

why would i want my shoes to look woven w/ rubber

expensive shoes are kinda dumb usually although it's understandable if you really want comfort and durability. also i think stylin is the only way to be rich sans giving money to people
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I spend around 100 on good running shoes, around 60-70 on casual shoes, around 150-200 on hiking boots
My God, it's full of stars!
linked shoes in OP are disgusting and I would not be seen dead in them.

I wear boots so I tend to have to spend more anyway. $100 is still steep by my standards though unless they're work boots.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 9, 2015,
if that's what your into,why not?
it's all coming back

^ collectors item for fans of Jordan(s)

Not for casual wear.

Anyways, don't skimp on shoes. Take care of your feet
My God, it's full of stars!
bro just buy them it's fine
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Dreadnought
^ collectors item for fans of Jordan(s)

Not for casual wear.

Anyways, don't skimp on shoes. Take care of your feet

which is why I buy inserts and expensive socks. Also because my feet don't sit right.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

I have a few pairs of shoes that cost a few hundred. Shoes aren't really my thang, but whatevs, they're comfy.
400 for sneakers is silly since the price hike in most cases is due to restricted supply. If it was well-made or whatever then sure

to reiterate 400 for nikes is stupid
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I only buy cheap flip flops and trendier shoes I won't wear often. Because I've had leg and foot problems I will never skimp on athletic footwear. I also expect my daily shoes to not disintegrate within a month.

I have two pairs of super comfy loafers which I wore nearly every day for 2 years. They are about 4 years old now and still look the same - no scuff marks, no tears, and I don't even take particularly good care of them. I think I bought them for $300. One pair got moldy when I went on vacation for a month (leather and humidity = YUCK) but after I cleaned everything off and disinfected everything it looked the same as before. I cannot imagine doing that with any cheap shoe I have owned before.

If I have enough money to spend on nice shoes I don't see why I should settle for something subpar just because it's cheaper.

$400 nikes is more than I would consider but I would pay that much for a different shoe.
cat
Quote by xTURTLENECKx
I'm good

now those are what people need, in fact I'm going to make a pair now.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

every year my mom gets me a pair of shoes for christmas. I don't think I've actually bought a pair myself, besides a non-slip pair for work
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by xTURTLENECKx
What are your thoughts on spending tons of money on shoes? Are these (http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/Nike-Air-Jordan-Future-sneakers-item-10882260.aspx?gclid=CK_05erE6sQCFcEkgQodeL0AMg&fsb=1&ef_id=VQ86vQAABYRh9iSC:20150410010119:s) really necessary? I'd never spend more than about $50 on shoes. (and that's stretching it)

>import duty

This website is for a shop in Madrid?

That's the Air Jordan Future Premium. You can find that kind in America for about $275-$300. And that's around the price you'd pay for a high quality dress shoe.

That $400 price tag there is because of markup due to taxes and stuff.
I wouldn't spend more the 40$ on shoes and I'll wear them till they completely wear out. Lately I've just been wearing a pair of hand-me-down boots I got for free.
I spend around $50 for casual shoes and I'll usually only own one pair at a time.

I spend the majority of my time in my work shoes or gym shoes, so why bother?
Generally spend around $250 on a pair normal shoes (would quite happily pay over $300 for a pair of brogues/oxfords though), $80-90 on trainers.

Football (soccer) boots are around $100-150.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at Apr 10, 2015,
Quote by TheChaz
I spend around $50 for casual shoes and I'll usually only own one pair at a time.

I spend the majority of my time in my work shoes or gym shoes, so why bother?

Yeah this. Except for the gym part.

If I had the money to buy Louboutin's I would. Especially these.

no because i'm a cheap bastard, other people are welcome to buy me shoes though
I need to buy better work shoes and if you're not buying cheap shitty slip on steel toed shoes you're probably gonna be spending $100-$150+ on them so

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at the stores near me
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

after a certain price point you are wasting money but paying a bit more for a solid brand is worth it. then again some cheaper brands are decent too.

ie, I'll buy a pair of kurt geiger shoes for £80-£150 and they will be lovely. I bought a few pairs off Asos for about £30-£50 each and they are not so well finished and the fit is bit meh. however I can go to Boxfresh, and buy a £50 pair that craps all over that Asos junk but is still a little inferior to the kurt gieger ones. I find that shoes over £200 tend to be the same quality as ones in the £100-£200 range and you are just paying for brand name there.

I notice this more with leather and suede where the higher price points have noticeably better leather. other materials tend to not matter if you cheap out or not. trainers are rarely worth more than £100, especially considering that you are probably going to wear them down fast doing sports stuff no matter how well made they are.

basically there's a price point where you definitely get good materials and construction and fit and beyond that you're throwing money away. similar thing with clothing.

I have about 10 pairs of shoes I cycle through atm. would be more if I could afford it.

edit:
also I've bought shoes as gifts for women in the past and I notice a similar thing but price points are a little higher than men's shoes. anything £100-£300 seems to be great and beyond that you just are paying for the look and brand. everything below £100 (rrp) seems to be bland, ugly or poorly made.

Quote by Amuro Jay
>import duty

This website is for a shop in Madrid?

That's the Air Jordan Future Premium. You can find that kind in America for about $275-$300. And that's around the price you'd pay for a high quality dress shoe.

That $400 price tag there is because of markup due to taxes and stuff.

farfetch just is a way from buying from boutiques anywhere. usually rare shoes that you can only buy from them. it gets bit screwed up by shops putting up shoes that they imported from somewhere else.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Shoes/trainers are the one item of clothing I'll happily splash out on.

Well, up to a point. I doubt I'd pay more than say...£150 for a pair of trainers unless I absolutely had to have them.
Quote by theguitarist
after a certain price point you are wasting money but paying a bit more for a solid brand is worth it. then again some cheaper brands are decent too.

ie, I'll buy a pair of kurt geiger shoes for £80-£150 and they will be lovely. I bought a few pairs off Asos for about £30-£50 each and they are not so well finished and the fit is bit meh. however I can go to Boxfresh, and buy a £50 pair that craps all over that Asos junk but is still a little inferior to the kurt gieger ones. I find that shoes over £200 tend to be the same quality as ones in the £100-£200 range and you are just paying for brand name there.

I notice this more with leather and suede where the higher price points have noticeably better leather. other materials tend to not matter if you cheap out or not. trainers are rarely worth more than £100, especially considering that you are probably going to wear them down fast doing sports stuff no matter how well made they are.

basically there's a price point where you definitely get good materials and construction and fit and beyond that you're throwing money away. similar thing with clothing.

I have about 10 pairs of shoes I cycle through atm. would be more if I could afford it.

edit:
also I've bought shoes as gifts for women in the past and I notice a similar thing but price points are a little higher than men's shoes. anything £100-£300 seems to be great and beyond that you just are paying for the look and brand. everything below £100 (rrp) seems to be bland, ugly or poorly made.

farfetch just is a way from buying from boutiques anywhere. usually rare shoes that you can only buy from them. it gets bit screwed up by shops putting up shoes that they imported from somewhere else.

Basically this.
I occasionally buy cheap flats that I know won't last long but they usually end up covered in booze so o don't want to spend much on them anyway. High heels I will spend more on for the quality and other shoes I expect to last for years so I will spend aroubd £50-100 on them.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Andrea55

now, shoes and/or feet don't usually turn me on but,

dayum
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Most I've spent on a pair is £50, my mum bought me some DMs for £100 :3
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
when I was in college I worked in the footwear department of Dick's Sporting Goods so I actually know a decent amount about shoes, which is weird. I'd say anything above like $150 is unnecessary. When you see those Asics that are $140 they are that price for a reason. They are structured a certain way and have special qualities that help not only for running but if a person has something such as plantar's fasciitis and they would wear those it would help tremendously. Doctors recommend things like that all the time. Quite honestly from what I saw working there Nike had some of the thinnest, shittiest shoes out of all of them. In my opinion you're just paying for the name. When it comes to boots you're gonna hafta shell out the money for them to actually last in tough conditions. Red Wings are one of the better/best brands for that. Rocky boots are crap and consistently were returned.
Quote by Andrea55
Yeah this. Except for the gym part.

If I had the money to buy Louboutin's I would. Especially these.

I gagged.

Now these on the other hand...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
^ If I had the clothes to match I'd not even take those off.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

I wouldn't spend hundreds on sneakers, but $200-300 for a good pair of boots is a solid investment.
Those are ugly. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for with shoes but I cap out at $400 for boots that I can get re-soled.
classy girls look at yer shoes to decide if they want sex, so better to have $100+ on then
Page 1 of 2