Poll: What is your opinion of smart watches?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your opinion of smart watches?
Yes I will be getting an Apple Watch
1 2%
No, technology has come too far
41 98%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 2
The Apple Watch comes out on pre order today.

Will you be getting an Apple Watch? Has technology gone too far?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No. And technology hasn't gone far enough yet.
My iPhone should have a built in microwave by now.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 10, 2015,
Nah and it's a totally fine thing to get if you want it.

The price might be going to far but the watch part isn't (I don't actually know the price)
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 10, 2015,
I won't be getting one because I wouldn't know what to use it for. And also because I tend to prefer cheaper non-Apple stuff.

I don't get why people always get so upset over new stuff like this. Of course there's going to be new stuff and of course some of it is more useful than other stuff. So either it sticks around or it doesn't. No need to get all worked up about it.
If it was affordable I'd probably get one cause my job has a zero tolerance thing for having phones in the building cause they're afraid people will take pictures and stuff
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

im not getting an apple anything

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Nah, I'll rather take a lace and fixate my phone on my wrist with it. Thus I save money and will still be able to do more with it than anyone who has an apple watch.
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll
No.

Though I'm excited that they're a thing now. I'll be able to more easily spot which people I shouldn't take advice from.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Apple is just a terrible company with terrible products so no I won't be getting an apple watch
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I don't have an iPhone, and I have no intention of getting one. So no, I won't get an Apple Watch.

I don't think I would even if I had an iPhone. I don't normally wear a watch as it is.
Why would anyone do that when you could spend less than half the price on an iphone or touch that does more than the stupid watch.
Technology will never go to far but I have no interest in an Apple product.

I'm quite content with my phone for fulfilling my on-the-go tech needs.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
According to insiders, the battery life is lacklustre thanks to the powerful hardware Apple put in their Watch.
According to reviewers, everything you try to do on the Watch comes with a big bag of lag because the Watch doesn't run anything itself, the iPhone does.

If it's all true, Apple demonstrates for the umpteenth time why you should never pre-order.
What's the point when you have a smartphone?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
how could technology come too far? I don't understand.

also no i won't get it because i have no idea what it does and it's expensive
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

Nuclear weapons are a good example.

I don't think that smart-watches are on the same level, for some reason.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Baby Joel

also no i won't get it because i have no idea what it does and it's expensive

the atomic warhead.

I will almost certainly not get one, mainly because the battery life is currently so bad it won't last long enough to actually function as a watch.

EDIT: ^ we think alike my friend.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 10, 2015,
Quote by I.O.T.M
Nuclear weapons are a good example.

I don't think that smart-watches are on the same level, for some reason.

i disagree.

if we nuke the heck out of each other, the universe will keep on going no problem.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
If we nuke the entire earth, we would probably have a lot less problems.

#VoteGreen (green from the radiation that is)
Quote by Baby Joel

Mindless, numb, unproductive social media = liberal internet gone too far.

The Internet Of Things will undoubtably be going way too far as well. It's pretty pointless as it is already. (smart thermostats that you don't need if you barely use the heater)
I'd rather wear an analogue watch and use much more powerful hardware, with a much more open operating system.
Quote by I.O.T.M
What's the point when you have a smartphone?

The ****s the point of a smart phone when you own a PC?

People will buy it.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 10, 2015,
Quote by Wormholes
A pc doesn't fit in my pocket.

1) you're not trying hard enough
2) I just got the idea to make a compact computer, perhaps the size of a small phone.
Quote by stratkat

The ****s the point of a smart phone when you own a PC?

Is this a serious question?

S A D B O Y S
I love Apple products but this watch thing is ******ed. Also keep in mind there are other companies making basically the same thing...those are pointless too. I think the furthest a watch should go are those GPS/heart rate monitor/all in one watches. The things you can do on these smart watches are just worthless and pointless. Maybe I don't fully understand it but...you can call people? text, read emails, use apps, etc? Why would I want to call someone with that and hold up my wrist the whole time to talk....why would I want to attempt to read texts or emails that according to the videos only show two lines at a time?! It's a ****ing watch so it will be horribly annoying to try and do anything on the small screen.

Also I cracked up the entire time watching the promo video for it...."you can even share a personal thing such as your heart beat".........really? it reminded me of when Fable 3 was coming out and Molyneux was like "look you can hold hands in a video game! yaaay!"
Quote by anthsband
Why would I want to call someone with that and hold up my wrist the whole time to talk....

Isn't that pretty much what you do with a phone as well though?
Though I agree that a tiny screen on my wrist wouldn't really do much for me.

I do genuinely want a sort of watch thing with an expanding holographic interface. Just tap your watch and you have a massive tablet hovering in front of you. How cool would that be?
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Apr 10, 2015,
Watch? What do they do?

I can't imagine watching them is any better than eating them.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I don't like it as an accessory because it would look terrible on my wrist. It's far too bulky. I don't even care what it can do because I would never wear it if I had one.
cat
My friend has one that I checked out the other night (he works there) and I don't see what the fuss is all about.
too bulky, looks like a fashion accessory from the 80s.

Maybe when they refine it in future generations

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My phone is convenient enough that I don't think I will ever find that I don't have a better use for $50 than to make my phone more convenient.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I use Apple products, but think that the Apple Watch is a useless piece of tech.

I also think that over the long term, once the novelty wears off, it will end up costing Apple money.

It provides no real value, is massively screen-limited (In a market of ever increasing screen size on phones) and has a price tag that isn't commensurate with it's novelty status. I don't see it being a massive success.

Quote by ultimate-slash

I do genuinely want a sort of watch thing with an expanding holographic interface. Just tap your watch and you have a massive tablet hovering in front of you. How cool would that be?

If they get this working, then I might get interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9J7GpVQCfms
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 10, 2015,
I don't get what Apple is doing. The iPhone is their biggest most successful product ever.. and now this watch is supposed to make it even more convenient so you don't have to use the phone etc... I don't know, doesn't it seem like they're cannibalizing their own product?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
no, long time mac user, since 1990, never will buy any of their new crap, just the computers when I need them. My old used iphone5c will do me till it dies. NO itunes account...hah, fuc that shit, I used it only to get amplitude for my phone free., nothing else from me for them
Last edited by Tempoe at Apr 10, 2015,
Quote by Arby911
I use Apple products, but think that the Apple Watch is a useless piece of tech.

I also think that over the long term, once the novelty wears off, it will end up costing Apple money.

It provides no real value, is massively screen-limited (In a market of ever increasing screen size on phones) and has a price tag that isn't commensurate with it's novelty status. I don't see it being a massive success.

I'd caution against writing it off like that. Same things were said about the iPad (it's just a weak computer, who needs this? etc etc) And yet app developers have creatively turned it into a very useful device ranging from medical tech to replacing cash systems to dynamic music interfaces. I once said the iPad was the dumbest idea they've ever come up with, and now it's an integral part of my production workflow.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2