Page 1 of 4
There was a thread for Arrow and The Flash so I figured it would be good to have a Marvel equivalent.

Discuss.
We have an agents of shield thread
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Haven't watched Carter and have a half-dozen AOS episodes DVR'd, so I suppose it's time for a marathon session.

AOS is not as good as I had hoped, being so severely limited by the requisite Big-Screen tie-ins, but still watchable.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Daredevil is supposed to come out today right? I'll probably marathon the shit out of it.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is good but I'm kinda worried about where it's going. Are they gonna turn the show into a full on inhuman show or are they gonna go back to it's "spy show" roots?

Agent Carter was amazing and can't wait to see more of it.
just finished the second episode of Daredevil and I'm already super impressed, its fucking intense

Quote by cha33 armstrong
We have an agents of shield thread

that no one uses

Quote by nico_9550
Skye

literally the most attractive person in existence
carter was great.
agents of shield is great and I'm liking that they seem to just do whatever with the story instead of sticking to some marvel script.

haven't seen daredevil, doubt I'll get into it, mostly because the only marvel "hero" I like is Punisher.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I made that other Agents of SHIELD thread but I fucked it by calling it "Agents of Shield" in the thread title like a prick, so I'm glad there is a new one.
I've been trying to get into Agents of SHIELD, but I'm having a hard time. I've watched 3 or 4 episodes, and I just don't find it very interesting so far.
Quote by daytripper75
I've been trying to get into Agents of SHIELD, but I'm having a hard time. I've watched 3 or 4 episodes, and I just don't find it very interesting so far.

It doesn't get good until a little over halfway through the first season, but it gets fantastic after that and has remained so.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
It doesn't get good until a little over halfway through the first season, but it gets fantastic after that and has remained so.

Maybe I'll keep slogging through at some point.
Quote by daytripper75
Maybe I'll keep slogging through at some point.

It's worth it, when it first came out I dropped it until second season came. I stuck with the shitty first few episodes but once the show got on it's feet it stayed like that.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

literally the most attractive person in existence

Quote by cha33 armstrong

Shield: started off terrible, got really good after Cap 2, then got amazing, now is just pretty good again imo (havn't quite loved the Inhuman stuff of recent eps)

Carter: thought would be poor, turned out alot better than I thought. Very enjoyable - hope it gets another season

Daredevil: only 2 eps in, but digging it so far. Seems to be going about DD in the right way
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Okay after episode 4 of Daredevil I can confirm that this is the dark, fucked up r-rated Marvel we've been waiting for. This show is nothing like the rest of the MCU.

I mean
I just watched Kingpin decapitate a man by slamming his head in a car door repeatedly

This show is goddamn brutal and I love it
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Okay after episode 4 of Daredevil I can confirm that this is the dark, fucked up r-rated Marvel we've been waiting for. This show is nothing like the rest of the MCU.

I mean
I just watched Kingpin decapitate a man by slamming his head in a car door repeatedly

This show is goddamn brutal and I love it

Just finished ep 4 and omg. Bits of this show are brutal, and its all so well put together. The tone of this show has made me really want to see the Jessica Jones show (despite me not caring about her character) because of the character that David Tennant is playing and from what I've heard he's like in the comics. Real intruiged to see how they manage that/make JJ a more mainstream character

...but thats getting ahead of myself. Still got like alot of DD to get through. Good times
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Just finished Daredevil and it might be the best thing Marvel has put out (it's definitely up there anyway). I'm having trouble finding the words but everything about it is just so well done. The casting, the writing, the aesthetic of it all. It compliments the whole universe nicely while being completely its own thing.

Probably one of the few things in the genre that I'd feel absolutely comfortable recommending to somebody with no interest in superheroes.
I'm really enjoying the Daredevil run. Seems a lot more in the hands of people who have actually read the comics and trust the comic-book style to sell the stories. It's considered, reasonably well acted, and engaging, which is more than can be said for most comic book adaptations (e.g. Bruce Willis and co. destroying The Surrogates). Asides from Deadpool, it's the first superhero film-stuffs I've been excited by in a long time. Granted, it could do with being a little more self-aware (some explanation for why Matt has master-level combat training, for example, as right now it seems most of his enemies could be defeated by a carrot on a stick), but overall it's very good.

All I've heard about AOS is that it's got next to no women in, and that the stories are dull as shit.
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 12, 2015,
Quote by Banjocal
All I've heard about AOS is that it's got next to no women in, and that the stories are dull as shit.

like half the cast are women
Quote by Banjocal

I wish I could find that image of Captain Haddock laughing

Someone's been talking utter shit to you
Quote by BelowTheSun

I wish I could find that image of Captain Haddock laughing

Someone's been talking utter shit to you
ah well

I might check it out. I never found Coulson all that interesting, to be honest. Still, DD's good and it's all in the MCU. Probably should.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Watched the first 2 episodes of Netflix' DD.

Slow, dark and DD is a Candy-Ass, at least as compared to the Comics. (Not that he isn't shown as tough, but the comic DD would never have taken that level of beating from common thugs.)
Charles Darwin
Matt getting his ass handed to him is absolutely essential to the series working.
Something that mildly annoyed me about Daredevil was...

...partway through the series, the image on Netflix changed from Matt to the final Daredevil costume. Would be nicer if I first saw it during its grand reveal.

Which is barely even a problem.
Quote by BelowTheSun
Matt getting his ass handed to him is absolutely essential to the series working.

Meh, I much prefer Miller-era DD to the early Stan Lee stuff, so these episodes don't really appeal to me. I note that Episode 7 at least gives a nod in the Miller direction, but I'm unconvinced so far.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Meh, I much prefer Miller-era DD to the early Stan Lee stuff, so these episodes don't really appeal to me. I note that Episode 7 at least gives a nod in the Miller direction, but I'm unconvinced so far.

That explains it.
Quote by BelowTheSun
That explains it.

Indeed. Imagine my disappointment with the DD movie...

All the right pieces, nobody at the helm to put them in coherent order.
Charles Darwin
thing is, it's nice to see character development. this is showing the early days of DD and a consistent theme is learning from mistakes. superheroes getting overpowered is one of many reasons why marvel and dc have done universe reboots, depowering etc. because thor, batman, and superman are ****ing dull because they're untouchable. yeah they've had rough spots but 'the bat factor' is still the default argument for him being able to beat characters who are simply out of his league, for example. On this, he's actually getting curbstomped and that's pretty refreshing for me.

it was slightly frustrating how some events seem to pop out of The Convenience Dimension or something but i guess stakes are high
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 13, 2015,
Quote by BelowTheSun
Even the Affleck film is better than all of Miller's work on the comic books.

Opinions vary. I note that Marvel was considering dropping the series entirely before Miller took over and made it one of their top sellers...(These were my college days, I was WAY too wrapped up in them at the time.) #181 and #190 are perhaps the finest DD issues ever.

Quote by Banjocal
thing is, it's nice to see character development.

I know what you're saying, but I'd rather see it in flashbacks, similar to Arrow. To me it enhances the pacing of the series.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 13, 2015,
Oh hai I was looking for a DD thread.

Completely insane show, spent most of Saturday watching it.

My favorites were Episode 7 and 8

Stick calling Matt a pussy, and Matt calling him a dick is hilariously refreshing, in the context of the MCU stuff.

Meanwhile in 8 we get to see "Kingpin: A Day In The Life"

9/10 top shit

Even the opening credits are addicting
Daredevil is pretty good. Dialogue gets pretty repetitive though. It may be a minor gripe because the show is good overall, but how many times do I have to hear someone say "this city" or "the city."
Quote by TheChaz
Daredevil is pretty good. Dialogue gets pretty repetitive though. It may be a minor gripe because the show is good overall, but how many times do I have to hear someone say "this city" or "the city."

You'd love Arrow
Quote by GuitarGod_92
You'd love Arrow

I passionately despise Arrow.

EDIT: I think it was "my city" in arrow that bugged the shit out of me. But the show sucked in general.
Page 1 of 4