Can I make a pull up route on a normal 2 point strat trem with no locking nut, and non recessed?
It can be done.
Best to have someone who's done it before handle the routing, however. It's pretty easy to hash things up.
99.9% of trems that can pull up are recessed
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok thanks for the feedback, are there any pics of a pull up trem that isn't recessed? I prefer to reach over the strings.
Quote by Robbgnarly
99.9% of trems that can pull up are recessed

I guess it depends on how far you have to pull up for it to "count." Tons of people have their standard 2-point strat trems set up to float. If you want extra space to pull up you just route out a little bit of the cavity where the block hits the body.
Quote by Intralimpidus
Ok thanks for the feedback, are there any pics of a pull up trem that isn't recessed? I prefer to reach over the strings.

My PRS has a non recessed trem that pulls up
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Roc8995
I guess it depends on how far you have to pull up for it to "count." Tons of people have their standard 2-point strat trems set up to float. If you want extra space to pull up you just route out a little bit of the cavity where the block hits the body.

Ok so all I have to do is route out a cavity and that's fine? It seemed like there has to more to it because I haven't heard of anyone doing it.
What else would you need? Some types of trem are better suited than others, you're not going to get a ton of range out of a 6-screw without some tuning issues, but that's all there is to it with adding upward range to a standard strat-style trem.
Quote by Roc8995
What else would you need? Some types of trem are better suited than others, you're not going to get a ton of range out of a 6-screw without some tuning issues, but that's all there is to it with adding upward range to a standard strat-style trem.

Ok thanks