Hello, recebtly I bought an Epiphone 1958 Korina Flying V. I've really liked that guitar so far, I've used it on several amplifiers: my little 15 watt Yamaha GA 15 which I bought a year ago is now not enough for me, a Blackstar (forgot the model but one of the high quality ones) and a Marshall DSL 40C. After seeing better amps the sound I get just sounds bad to me.
i play variety of genres sometimes metal sometimes rock sometimes blues. So I need a good amp for variety of genres, featuring a good distortion and goes well with my guitar.
budget? location?
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
aside from budget and location what exactly do you find lacking in the amps you have? what type of tones are you looking for? need a little more precise info to help
Quote by monwobobbo
aside from budget and location what exactly do you find lacking in the amps you have? what type of tones are you looking for? need a little more precise info to help

I can't get any thing like what I want in mine, it really has a limited range. And the sound it gives sound like garbage. I want a high gain sound for metal and a melodic overdrive for blues.
Quote by monuryemisen
I can't get any thing like what I want in mine, it really has a limited range. And the sound it gives sound like garbage. I want a high gain sound for metal and a melodic overdrive for blues.

if you can't get a reasonable blues tone from that Marshall then you're not doing something right. do you have an overdrive pedal? once again you should be able to get a metal tone from the Marshall and push it with an overdrive. what's your idea of a metal tone though? you really need to start being more specific as what you've said so far isn't much help.
Quote by monwobobbo
if you can't get a reasonable blues tone from that Marshall then you're not doing something right. do you have an overdrive pedal? once again you should be able to get a metal tone from the Marshall and push it with an overdrive. what's your idea of a metal tone though? you really need to start being more specific as what you've said so far isn't much help.

you got me wrong I have tried it in Marshall and I liked the tone but that amp is in my school. I forgot the say I didnt have it in my house. Im looking for an amp to use in my house. I have that Yamaha in my house not Marshall. I can get what I want in that Marshall, I want something alike but dont have the money for it so lesser models may do.
Quote by monwobobbo

His amp is Yamaha 15w SS, not Marshall.

OP Bugera V55 would be a good choice.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
I like DSL401's for the money, they can do quite a bit and are pretty good at blues blues/rock and metal with a boost.

With your budget I would look into jet city.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Jet City with a DigiTech bad monkey should be able to get you everything from your cleans to your brutal metal tone.
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Valveking all the way. Super super cheap very reliable, though heavy as a collapsed sun. Beautiful cleans with spring reverb and with the right tubes a pretty heavy crunch channel
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal
what's your location?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
what's your location?

Turkey but i have relatives in uk and us.
If you like the DSL40C, with your guitar, you should consider buying one. Those are nice tube amps and rated at 40W it should be loud enough for a band situation. For a cleaner sounding amp, a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe has more bass due to the 6L6 tubes and the HRD has a spring reverb instead of a digital reverb. The distortion channel of the HRD is not as good though.

I would recommend the Fender for a lot of clean and an occasional distored tone and the Marshall for a general distorted tone and occasional clean tunes.
Quote by Badmotorfingers
His amp is Yamaha 15w SS, not Marshall.

OP Bugera V55 would be a good choice.

wut?
not for metal it wouldn't be

This head
www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head.htm
and this cab
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112vintage.htm
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 12, 2015,
V55 is more brutal than you think.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Knarrenheino
Quote by Badmotorfingers
V55 is more brutal than you think.

I'd never use or recommend one for anything over 80's hardrock/alternative.

many better suited amps at his price point
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate