i've been playing acoustic guitar for 5 month, and i think it's time to move to electric, i feel stupid i didn't straight go for electric guitar, but anyway, i'm interested in Cort-Yorktown, a hollow body electric guitar, is it good for blues? and can i get nice rock n roll sound from that? im also interested in stratocaster, if the yorktown is not good, i guess i'll get a strat, cause i think strat is an all around guitar, except metal? :P so any cort yorktown owner, or own before please leave comment, i'll very appreciate it.
no reason you can't play blues with that guitar. haven't played one but after checking it out it's kina meant to be a jazz guitar. certainly suitable for blues but may not be ideal for some types of rock.
On the topic of the guitar bodies, I don't think strats are unsuitable for metal. They're not used a lot, and may be a little too bright for metal, but quite a bit of your tone is going to come from your amp so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with a guitar that can't play certain styles.
Strats can play anything, man! Plus they're all I think of when I think "blues guitar". Get one with a humbucker in the bridge, and you can do some metal too. Gopher it!
Yea strats are great for everything. If you're seriously into metal, you'll want humbuckers, but just listen to the badass hardrock Hendrix did with a standard strat on Voodoo Child. Blows most later metal guitarists away.
Quote by Knarrenheino
Yea strats are great for everything. If you're seriously into metal, you'll want humbuckers, but just listen to the badass hardrock Hendrix did with a standard strat on Voodoo Child. Blows most later metal guitarists away.

oh yeah you can indead play "metal" with strats. they aren't ideal for modern downtuned stuff but there is more to metal than that. plenty of early hard rock/metal was done on strats. i use mine to play metal with all the time and no humbuckers needed.
Strats not for metal????? Has anyone, ever, ever on these forums, or in the last 30 years seen Dave Murray play anything else?
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
Strats not for metal????? Has anyone, ever, ever on these forums, or in the last 30 years seen Dave Murray play anything else?

when we say strats we mean the ones that have single coil pickups not humbuckers which is what dave's have. humbucker equiped strats are all over metal that isn't news.
^ yeah. when i say strats aren't ideal for metal, i mean ones with vintage output SCs. Humbucker strats (or superstrats) are ideal for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?