Hi, I'm interested in a body guitar, a Jackson/Warmoth soloist so I was thinkig about a Jackson Dinky JS22 then remove the neck and use it but that guitar is so cheap that I'm not sure if that wood is good enough.

I bought a Warmoth soloist body but unfortunatelly it didn't fit my Moses Neck,I just want to use my moses neck with it and it is a gap of about 1 inch that made this body useless to me.

subir foto

So I wan't to know if anyone can build just that body for me.

Thanks.
^
Yeah it does look that way

route the neck pocket more or cut a bit off the heal of the neck, not the fretboard, leave that alone
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't have the tools and I never did a routing so could you tell me what tools do I need and if possible a tutorial (video or link) about how to do it?

Or if someone can do it for me how much should it cost me
If you go to a competent tech or luthier I'd say they will charge $50-$100 if they are good and not trying to rape you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks guys I hope to find a luthier here in my country, if they don't exists here I'm also thinking about a Jackson Dinky JS22 body, what do you think about that?
There's obviously another issue with this setup. It looks like you have a 26.5" scale neck (# of frets aside) rather than a 25.5" scale, so any body that you get will need to be set up specifically for this scale as well. You may find a body that will fit the neck pocket, etc., but you won't be able to tune the guitar.
Quote by dspellman
There's obviously another issue with this setup. It looks like you have a 26.5" scale neck (# of frets aside) rather than a 25.5" scale, so any body that you get will need to be set up specifically for this scale as well. You may find a body that will fit the neck pocket, etc., but you won't be able to tune the guitar.

Sure you will.

You just won't be able to intonate it...

All that aside, without measurements I can't be certain of the scale the neck was fretted for, but it's at least reasonable likely that it's a common 25.5 and simply extending the neck pocket on his existing body will work fine.

TS, measure your neck from the face of the nut to the center of the 12th fret as accurately as possible and let us know what the measurement is.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by enb141
thanks guys I hope to find a luthier here in my country, if they don't exists here I'm also thinking about a Jackson Dinky JS22 body, what do you think about that?

No that is routed for a 22 fret 25.5" scale and will not work with your 24 fret neck
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Here is the measurement of the neck at fret 12

I was thinking about this Jackson JS22 (24 frets)

Attachments:
12-fret-measure.jpg
Last edited by enb141 at Apr 14, 2015,
measure twice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The width of the pocket is also important, so if you don't know for a fact that the neck pocket on that Jackson will fit the neck that you own, then you better stop thinking about buying Jackson bodies.
so if it is to risky, could you recommend me a luthier that can build me a guitar body?
Quote by enb141
so if it is to risky, could you recommend me a luthier that can build me a guitar body?

Sully guitars
Warmoth
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Warmoth only build what they have in their options and that's what I did but I need to mod that Warmoth soloist body in order to fit my neck so about Sully Guitars they seem to sell the whole guitar only (correct me if I'm wrong).
Quote by enb141
Warmoth only build what they have in their options and that's what I did but I need to mod that Warmoth soloist body in order to fit my neck so about Sully Guitars they seem to sell the whole guitar only (correct me if I'm wrong).

contact him and ask. The worst he can say is no, but you won't know until you ask
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by enb141
He doesn't, look at his FAQ

http://www.sullyguitars.com/faq/

damn

do you have any builders in your area? not just guitar, but any wooden musical instuments at all?

you can always make the neck-pocket deeper.

There are a few guys here that you might try and contact. Explorerbuilder is a regular in the GB&C forum and he does some really nice stuff. It maybe worth looking at the regulars who do builds there and ask them if they would be interested in making a body. You will probably need to ship them the neck, so they can make sure it works correctly.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I was thinking to buy a warmoth empty soloist body just with the neck ready because those specs are fine with the neck then send the warmoth body to the luthier to make the wholes for humbuckers and bridge I think that would be easier (correct me if I'm wrong)

no that I know, at least in my country I don't know anyone that builds guitars that's why I'm kind of screwed when the body didn't work for my neck.

now excuse my ignorance but what's the address of GB&C forum?
Quote by enb141
I was thinking to buy a warmoth empty soloist body just with the neck ready because those specs are fine with the neck then send the warmoth body to the luthier to make the wholes for humbuckers and bridge I think that would be easier (correct me if I'm wrong)

no that I know, at least in my country I don't know anyone that builds guitars that's why I'm kind of screwed when the body didn't work for my neck.

now excuse my ignorance but what's the address of GB&C forum?

This thread is in the GB&C (guitar building and customizing) forum
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate