Hi all,

I have an Ibanez RG370DXL and I've been thinking about replacing the tuning pegs because the stock ones are pretty crap. The problem I'm having is finding a guitar store that actually sells them (I'm in the UK). I've gone to Thomann.de and found these but I don't know if they will fit my guitar could anyone advise on this please?

Thanks

EDIT: The reason I was after a new set was because the high e string one keeps on slipping and one of the pegs has snapped off.
Gear
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom-S
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez RG370DXL w/SD Invaders and a hot rail
Tanglewood acoustic
Marshall JVM410H
+a lot of pedals!
Last edited by ebmusicman16 at Apr 11, 2015,
Quote by ebmusicman16
Hi all,

I have an Ibanez RG370DXL and I've been thinking about replacing the tuning pegs because the stock ones are pretty crap.

What's "pretty crap" about them? Even the cheapest tuning pegs will work well for 20 years or more.
grover mini rotomatics or Gotoh has a certain model as Ibanez guys go nuts for Gotoh. I guess because it sounds cooler than grovers. schaller has a few really nice sets too. Perhaps the Sperzel trimlok set?

10mm holes for sure if they ask you. I'm yet to see an RG using vintage style tuners
the holes how they attach on the back are important. There is straight down or offset. For better tuning stabillity though higher end bridges and lubricating the bridge saddles with vasilene and graphite like in pencils (or something along those lines) helps.

I'd try ebay there are some shops that use that site to drum up business. You may get lucky and find someone on your side of the ocean. Also one of my favorite sites to use is stringsandbeyond.com they sell strings and picks I can't get anywhere in Canada and shipping is affordable as I've heard how much some guys pay for strings in UK and Europe.

the last time I had Gotoh tuners they were copies but the guitar looked pretty cool. I strung it up backwards.
It doesn't matter how good the tuning pegs are. You've got a Floyd Rose. The strings are going to be locked down regardless of what tuners you have.

And even then, tuners are very rarely the cause of tuning issues. Its nearly alway something else causing the problem.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It doesn't matter how good the tuning pegs are. You've got a Floyd Rose. The strings are going to be locked down regardless of what tuners you have.

Had not realised that.

OP, don't waste money on new tuners.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one