what I mean is how you found out what you really want to play, like you just want to play blues, and nothing else, why are you so confirm about it? when, how did you find out that?
I like all guitar styles and playing them can be equally as fun.

My preference of playing tends to be more Punk/hardcore/metal/prog fusion
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dumbster97
what I mean is how you found out what you really want to play, like you just want to play blues, and nothing else, why are you so confirm about it? when, how did you find out that?

This usually happens with beginner guitar players ("dude -- Br00tZ!").
Some folks settle into genres of music over a longer period of time, but the better players will explore other areas just to widen their capabilities.
variety is the spice of life. i play hard rock or old metal as well as blues and a little jazz and country. you can learn from different styles and apply that to your main style. finding your true voice on guitar can take some time and may not be what you originally thought it should be. spent the 80s trying to be a shred king but just couldn't make that goal. eventually i started to look at what came naturally to me playing wise and shifted direction. turns out tht blues based rock is what i'm better at.
In my case I actually started off wanting to play more than one style (I'm into metal as well as more spacey/atmospheric prog) which instantly made it a pain in the ass to get reasonable gear allowing me to play everything I want but it definitely came from the music I like, and the idea was basically to learn favourite songs as well as find a style of my own eventually. And that hasn't changed, I still have a lot of fun playing hevy brvtvl shit in drop A as well as using way too much delay and reverb.

But yeah, also agreed that it's worth trying out new styles and things that are a bit "out of the box" - even if you won't end up playing that on a regular basis, it can allow you to learn new skills that you can use in what you usually play.