Hello there, I'm on a quest to find the most brootal cabinet/speaker out there. I pulled out my squire bullet today and for funnzies I tuned it to drop A# (with EB slinkies on it like a boss) and I was blown away by the amount of chug my little valveking was able to produce. But I need more! I want to buy/build a cabinet capable of blowing down houses and killing small animals, so any suggestions for stupid heavy cabs/speakers? P.s. the valveking 112 has a speaker out of 16ohm but rumour has it it can handle 8ohm. Also I'm looking to buy the squier vi six string bass, or make a seriously long necked baritone guitar tuned an octave below E so it needs to be able to handle bass frequencies
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal
Idk, A cabinet made out of pure lead would be pretty heavy, and could probably kill small animals.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Honestly, Peavey makes some pretty tough cabs. You could probably destroy a city with a couple and the tolex would be torn a bit, but they'd be functional.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by elsatanica
Also I'm looking to buy the squier vi six string bass, or make a seriously long necked baritone guitar tuned an octave below E so it needs to be able to handle bass frequencies
I'd rather get an 8 or 9 strings guitar, you may still wanna play usual stuff and use the higher notes.

Anyway, no guitar speaker is able to handle them frequencies.

Get an orange PPC412 with closed back.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Orange PPC
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
OK cool, and about the "no guitar speaker will handle those frequencies" thing I respectfully disagree. On rob chappmans you tube he demoes the squire six string bass through a fender and a marshall GUITAR amp. He even said "the bass seems to have no effect on the amps whatsoever." I was thinking like a 2 15 cab. 15's sound great clean, take the delta blues for example. Not sure if they could take much palm muting though... They probably would be good for electric wizard/sleep stoner metal though.
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal
Quote by elsatanica
OK cool, and about the "no guitar speaker will handle those frequencies" thing I respectfully disagree. On rob chappmans you tube he demoes the squire six string bass through a fender and a marshall GUITAR amp. He even said "the bass seems to have no effect on the amps whatsoever." I was thinking like a 2 15 cab. 15's sound great clean, take the delta blues for example. Not sure if they could take much palm muting though... They probably would be good for electric wizard/sleep stoner metal though.

It's not about the amp itself, it's about the speakers.
The speaker's can't handle the frequencies a bass throws it.
You can play play a bass through a guitar amp, Lemmy does it, but you need to use a bass cab with it
Quote by elsatanica
Hello there, I'm on a quest to find the most brootal cabinet/speaker out there. I pulled out my squire bullet today and for funnzies I tuned it to drop A# (with EB slinkies on it like a boss) and I was blown away by the amount of chug my little valveking was able to produce. But I need more! I want to buy/build a cabinet capable of blowing down houses and killing small animals, so any suggestions for stupid heavy cabs/speakers? P.s. the valveking 112 has a speaker out of 16ohm but rumour has it it can handle 8ohm. Also I'm looking to buy the squier vi six string bass, or make a seriously long necked baritone guitar tuned an octave below E so it needs to be able to handle bass frequencies
Don't try it. Higher imps for a lower load work (16 ohm load to 32 ohm speaker) but lower imps could fry your gear (16 ohm load to 8 ohm speaker).
Quote by elsatanica
OK cool, and about the "no guitar speaker will handle those frequencies" thing I respectfully disagree.
Nothing to disagree on, it's a fact.

I have yet to find a single guitar speaker that can reproduce the fundamental frequency of the lowest note producible by an 8 string guitar in standard tuning, so an F1 which is around 47Hz.
I searched a lot.

By that frequency, the volume will have dropped by 10dB in the best case, by more than 20dB in most cases.
So it's not like they can't reproduce it, they simply aren't made to reproduce it so they're not able to do it properly - they'll not break or anything, they'll just sound bad and at a very low volume compared to the rest.
Quote by elsatanica
On rob chappmans you tube he demoes the squire six string bass through a fender and a marshall GUITAR amp. He even said "the bass seems to have no effect on the amps whatsoever."
He's a seller, don't listen to him if you want a valid and objective opinion.

Also the limit is posed by the speakers, and it's not that much of a problem if the speakers can't reproduce the fundamental, you just only hear the harmonics.
Listen to whatever djent band for an example of how it can sound.
Quote by elsatanica
I was thinking like a 2 15 cab. 15's sound great clean, take the delta blues for example. Not sure if they could take much palm muting though... They probably would be good for electric wizard/sleep stoner metal though.
It's not that a big speaker will sound better 'cause it'll be able to reproduce more low frequencies.

In fact, it's not a safe assumption that a bigger speaker will reproduce much lower frequencies clearly if you're talking guitar speakers.

If you wanna sound like a stoner band, get a PPC212 or 412.
It uses v30's, it will work, people use v30's with 8 string guitars and everybody's happy.
Quote by Will Lane
Higher imps for a lower load work (16 ohm load to 32 ohm speaker)
I'm guessing what you mean is 16ohm output with 32ohm load, 'cause in this case the load is the speaker.

Anyway, if you plug something designed to handle a certain load (a certain impedance) into, say, a cab with a higher impedance, you'll put some strain on your output transformer and you'll get less power.

I recommend not doing this, as you may **** your output transformer if it's not spec'd thoughtfully enough.
Quote by Will Lane
but lower imps could fry your gear (16 ohm load to 8 ohm speaker).
This will make your amp try to produce more power.

If your amp's smart, as soon as the max power your amp can reasonably handle a fuse will blow and you'll need to get a new fuse.
If the amp isn't smart, one or more parts of your output section will blow and you'll need to get a new amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Offworld92
Orange PPC

This.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
+1 to everything Spambot_2 says.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
A Squier Bullet and a Valveking.
Drop Bb with Slinkies.

*sigh*

I thought, until now, the height of ambition was an ant climbing an elephant's leg with rape in mind.
Damn.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
If you want to destroy cities I recommend investing in a bomb and not a guitar cabinet

For doing as you say and tuning that low with a Squier VI, Panama amps is developing a cab with a 12" guitar speaker (probably a V30) and one 10" bass speaker specifically for extended range guitars. Pretty interesting. You could always get an empty guitar cab, buy/make a 12" to 10" adapter and do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/riffsandbeards/photos/a.188471074634712.1073741828.188249957990157/462495167232300/?type=1&theater
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The new schecter cabs have 3 12" speakers and a separate powered sub also
www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/schecter-guitar-research-hr412-subsle-d.-charge-sub-4x12-slant-guitar-speaker-cabinet

Randall used to make a 2x12/1x15 cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
God, this thread is one of my favourites on this forum so far.

Quote by dspellman
A Squier Bullet and a Valveking.
Drop Bb with Slinkies.

*sigh*

I thought, until now, the height of ambition was an ant climbing an elephant's leg with rape in mind.

But yeah, this makes sense, and on a more serious note: if you want uber brutal tones, are you sure it's the cab you want to replace as #1 priority and not the amp/guitar or at least pickups? I mean, when I opened the thread I expected to read "...on my 8-string Hellraiser with sulfur-boosted EMGs through my Peavey 5150 with 5 overdrives" or something. There are different ways to get a heavy tone of course, but either way I think you can get more success in getting a heavier or more brutal sound by looking at the rest of your gear first.
Dudes relax. The squire bullet is by no means my main Axe. I was fixing to change the strings on it and I was like "wonder if it'll go to drop A#" and surprisingly it did, I plugged it into thy valveking and ended up making some pretty good noises and I was just trying to find out ways to make those noises better. I am well aware that guitar speakers are much inferior to bass speakers (if your playing bass through said speakers) but I got stuck playing bass in jazz band and I will need someway to practice so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone if I hot a cab that was capable of handling bass/drop A#
Quote by elsatanica
Dudes relax. The squire bullet is by no means my main Axe. I was fixing to change the strings on it and I was like "wonder if it'll go to drop A#" and surprisingly it did, I plugged it into thy valveking and ended up making some pretty good noises and I was just trying to find out ways to make those noises better. I am well aware that guitar speakers are much inferior to bass speakers (if your playing bass through said speakers) but I got stuck playing bass in jazz band and I will need someway to practice so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone if I hot a cab that was capable of handling bass/drop A#

You can also look at the Orange PPC412HP, it has K100's vs the V30 in the regular PPC412.

The old Marshall MF400 4x12 also came with K100's stock and these cabs are really cheap used.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the info I will look into them
Quote by Robbgnarly

That is such a good idea on their part, considering how hard they're pushing 8 string (and now even 9 string) guitars. I haven't got a chance to try one of those myself yet, but I bet paired with just about any good high-gain amp, they sound ****ing incredible for super low drop tunings/extended range.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by the_bi99man
That is such a good idea on their part, considering how hard they're pushing 8 string (and now even 9 string) guitars. I haven't got a chance to try one of those myself yet, but I bet paired with just about any good high-gain amp, they sound ****ing incredible for super low drop tunings/extended range.

But it has 70/80 speakers, so they would have to go
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by elsatanica

Look, the slick way to do this is to get a full-range cabinet that will handle the bottom end as well. Here's one designed by Alex Claber at BarefacedBass (dot com) that will more than do the do, that's small enough to be carted around to wherever you have to go, that has enough power BUILT IN to produce those really low Bb's,, etc.

http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/FR800.htm

You can use your Squier and your Valveking or whatever that was (I've forgotten whether that thing will output to a power amp) and surprise everyone.

800W RMS built in.
Frequency response: 42Hz - 16kHz (-3dB)
33 lbs
127 dB
Good dispersion
22" high x 17.7" wide x 14.6" deep
Built-in stand fitting.
It WILL cost you some money. FR800 single - £1099

Oh, and it'll handle bass all day long.
Quote by diabolical
I was going to suggest Vader cabs but they're out of business apparently.
ISP has a subwoofer cab that you can possibly add to your rig.

The ISP Vector SL (for Steve Lukather, who helped with the design) is a really smart (electronically) sub that houses a single 15" sub in a ported cabinet and that has a 600W power amp built in. The electronics separate the highs and feed them back into your original speaker, and then it feeds the lows (160Hz and below) through the 15". It's perfect if you currently have a 100W tube amp and an existing 4x12. It'll supply the lows that the 4x12s (and the measly 100W tube amp) can't reproduce.