Hi!

I'm planning to build a mesa recto 2x12 box, and I don't know which V30 would be better.
I mean, there is defference between regular Celestion V30, Marshall V30 and Mesa V30...
All sounds different. For me the best sounding speaker is the mesa V30, but I can't find it used on ebay or on similiar sites, onle the marshall vintage and regular celestion vintage 30.
So, which V30 is closer to mesa V30 in sound, the marshall V30 or the regular celestion V30?
30 watt :http://avatarspeakers.com/home/product/hellatone-30/
60 watt : http://avatarspeakers.com/home/product/hellatone-60/

This is One of the best V30 speaker out right now, It's a broken in standard V30 and they sound sweet.

We start with a stock great sounding classic 30 watt Celestion G12H30s. We then convert it into a Hellatone by exercising the suspension for 15 hours so when you get it, it has a warmer tone on the very first note. This process gives the Hellatone 30 an even richer low end than it already had. The model 30 has wonderful mids and highs and a beautiful overdrive tone. If you drive it hard, you get a real nice cone break up that sounds fantastic. Large heavy 50 oz magnet!

it's mostly marketing speak but
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Last edited by boblittle at Apr 11, 2015,
v30's sold by celestion and v30's sold by marshall are the same things.
The ones sold by mesa are made in england and sound a bit different, you can buy these from mesa's website if you want.

The cab matters as well.

The most similar (to mesa's) v30 you'll find around is the celestion one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Hellatone 60 is a V30, the Hellatone 30 is an H30. If you want a V30 the Hellatone 60 is the one to look at.

Also check out the WGS Veteran 30 and Retro 30 while you're at it.

You'd probably be better off just buying a used Rectifier 212.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
WGS v30 clone.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
The best Vintage 30 I've ever tried is the Eminence Governor.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Thanks, the 2x12 is out of my budget, even the used box. Well here in Europe, the used mesa recto 2x12 costs 600 euro. I can make very similiar box, or just pay to a woodworker, and he will make it, plus the 2 V30 200 euro. It will cost somethimg 300.

Well, the V30 has a several type, yes, Celestion make for marshall and for mesa, but these speakers are slightly differnt. The mesa has darker tone...the mesa V30 type is T4335 I think, the regular is T3904. You can read about this, just use google.
I see noe the comaprasion videos, the Veteran has good tone.
Quote by venndi88
I can make very similiar box, or just pay to a woodworker, and he will make it, plus the 2 V30 200 euro. It will cost somethimg 300.
Do you know the specs to which the cab is built?
If you don't, it will sound different.

Also only the wood that cab is made of will cost you around €100 alone.
Plus the tolex, plus the electronics, plus the time to put it together or the money to pay somebody to put it together, that thing is gonna cost you more than €300.
Quote by venndi88
Well, the V30 has a several type, yes, Celestion make for marshall and for mesa, but these speakers are slightly differnt. The mesa has darker tone...the mesa V30 type is T4335 I think, the regular is T3904.
If you're on the cheap, get a harley benton G212 vintage.
If you're not, get a used mesa recto 2x12".
If you're halfway, save up enough so that you can get a used mesa recto 2x12".

That's what I'd do at least.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Since Harley Benton G212 Vintage (comes with real V30 speakers and plywood construction) is so cheap at Thomann I dont see a point in making a custom cab. Unless you really want a Mesa clone or such oversized cab and hunt down the special speakers it has.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3