Today I bought a pod hd500x I tried it in the store through a fender tube amp (unsure of model) and it sounded fine. Plugged it in to engl powerball when I got home on clean channel and got static. Turned all the settings and pedals on pod off and still have this static. Unplugged the pod and did guitar straight to amp and no static. What is causing the pod to do this?

Signal chain is guitar to pod to front of powerball II into an orange ppc412
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Plug the pod's line out into the fx return.
If that doesn't work, plug the pod's amp out (instrument level out, whatever the name) into the fx return.

Turn off the cab simulation on the pod.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
found out it was due to a faulty wire lol. but also, you made me think of something else. when playing with an amp, is it best to always have the cab sim off? what should I avoid on the pod when using it with an amp. I'm using the 4 cable method.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The cab simulation simulates how the sound changes when passing through a cab.

If you're passing through a cab already (your orange) and you leave the cab simulation on, the result will sound like you're passing your sound through two guitar cabs.
The result is widely considered as pretty funny sounding.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.