You know how you see maple fretboards that are just plain with no grain lines? where do I buy a blank for one of them? All I can find are blanks with grain lines. Thanks.
You're confusing a wood's grain to a wood's figuring.

You can find this sort of thing on Ebay.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you can check www.stewmac.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Explorerbuilder
All wood has grain. Depending on the cut of the piece determines how much grain shows.

This ... about half my maple boards have lots of grain patterns/lines and the other half have pretty much none, you just have to hunt out the "blank" ones
Quote by sytharnia1560
This ... about half my maple boards have lots of grain patterns/lines and the other half have pretty much none, you just have to hunt out the "blank" ones

Thanks for the feedback, where do you get yours from?
Quote by Intralimpidus
Thanks for the feedback, where do you get yours from?

got a couple from stewmac that both had grain lines and also got a couple from a local luthier (i'm in new zealand so that probably won't help ya)

There are loads of place online, i'm sure if you ask for a plain one you'll find something
Quote by sytharnia1560
got a couple from stewmac that both had grain lines and also got a couple from a local luthier (i'm in new zealand so that probably won't help ya)

There are loads of place online, i'm sure if you ask for a plain one you'll find something

I asked every place selling maple fretboard blanks online that I could find, and they all told me that they can't give me a piece without the grain lines showing, which is strange because 95% of the maple fretboards I've ever seen don't have grain lines showing. Oh well I guess I could try asking a local luthier (I actually am in new Zealand so it probably will help). Thanks.
Quote by Intralimpidus
Oh well I guess I could try asking a local luthier (I actually am in new Zealand so it probably will help). Thanks.

wow awesome...I got mine from adrian at ash customworks
Quote by sytharnia1560
wow awesome...I got mine from adrian at ash customworks

Thanks, I sent him a message see if he'll send me one. I don't live in Auckland so I'm not sure if he'll send it over to me.
Quote by Intralimpidus
Thanks, I sent him a message see if he'll send me one. I don't live in Auckland so I'm not sure if he'll send it over to me.

yep he will send anywhere