Normally I try to figure things out for myself, but in the area of hooking up speakers, I know doing the wrong thing can have expensive results. Basically, I have an Ampeg VH140C and a Blackstar HTV-412 cabinet, which can be used as two 2x12 cabinets. I was wondering on what would be the proper way to hook up the cabinet so that it runs as two 2x12 cabinets so I can fully utilize the stereo chorus feature on the amp. Please don't tell me to buy a tube amp or anything like that. My tone is great; I just want the stereo chorus to sound like a stereo chorus.

Ampeg VH140C manual: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ampeg.com%2Fpdf%2FVH140C.pdf&ei=4FgqVbm-EMG_ggSR84H4DQ&usg=AFQjCNENdR55U_NGHpOr3EzNampq5TuezQ&sig2=5LSxLRMAEUgDx1MHglsU8Q&bvm=bv.90491159,d.eXY

A pic of the back of the amp's speaker plugs: http://www.pawnplex.com/Musical-ins/07/vh140c/DSC00259.JPG

The Blackstar cab: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HTV412A
They are paired. So L&R Chorus or L&R dry. Running vertically. So the two RH plugs is chorus L&R.
So just run two speaker cables from the two right hand plugs on the VH140 to the L&R inputs of the cab. Impedance and power is all ok.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
its doable but it not worth the effort IMO. if you had cabs 10' apart, that would be one thing, but having one cab with both speakers next to each other won't do a lot. i haven't tried it with chorus, but i did with a flanger, it wasn't worth the effort. YMMV though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The original reason to have stereo cabinets was so that the guitarist on the right side of the stage could have part of his signal going to a pair of the 12" speakers in his 4x12 and part of his signal going to a pair of the 12" speakers in his buddy's 4x12 over on the other side of the stage. Ditto for his buddy; the idea was that each would have his guitar coming from BOTH cabinets.

And, of course, if it was a small gig, they could take two heads and run both into a single cabinet.
Quote by Cathbard
They are paired. So L&R Chorus or L&R dry. Running vertically. So the two RH plugs is chorus L&R.
So just run two speaker cables from the two right hand plugs on the VH140 to the L&R inputs of the cab. Impedance and power is all ok.

Cool man, thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it out until next week. We have a show on Wednesday, and I don't like trying new things on the fly unless I really have to.
Quote by dspellman
The original reason to have stereo cabinets was so that the guitarist on the right side of the stage could have part of his signal going to a pair of the 12" speakers in his 4x12 and part of his signal going to a pair of the 12" speakers in his buddy's 4x12 over on the other side of the stage. Ditto for his buddy; the idea was that each would have his guitar coming from BOTH cabinets.

And, of course, if it was a small gig, they could take two heads and run both into a single cabinet.

This is actually just a temp fix while one of my cabs is out of commission. Normally, since both guitarists in my band use full stacks, we stagger our cabs. On my side of the stage, the bottom cab is the other guitarist's, and the top one is mine. On his side of the stage, the bottom cab is mine and the top cab is his. That way we can still hear each other even if there is a bad monitor mix.
Quote by Nolasludge
This is actually just a temp fix while one of my cabs is out of commission. Normally, since both guitarists in my band use full stacks, we stagger our cabs. On my side of the stage, the bottom cab is the other guitarist's, and the top one is mine. On his side of the stage, the bottom cab is mine and the top cab is his. That way we can still hear each other even if there is a bad monitor mix.

Right. Fairly typical setup.

Should note that you're going to sound a bit muffled to the other guitarist, in part because he's very much off axis on a treble-beaming bottom-dwelling 4x12 and because your cabinet on his side is going to get the most of any acoustic or mechanical bass coupling.

We eventually set things up so that we were using a vertical stack of 12" speakers (the right side, for example) on each side. The vertical single-file stack of speakers has (counterintuitively, I suppose) much wider horizontal dispersion (less ice-pick treble straight ahead), and it's tall enough that each guitarist hears both guitars exactly as the other guitarist hears them.

Fairly easy to do this with stereo-wired 4x12s -- you just take the right side on each cabinet, the other guitarist takes the left.