Trying to bring my dead Bugera 333xl back to life. Does anybody know what order the matched pairs go in????
If it's infinium it doesn't matter.

If it isn't it doesn't matter either. the valves have to be tested with the plate and screen voltages you have in your amplifier to be truly balanced. Besides, the biasing will change over time anyway.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Actually it just died on day at practice. After troubleshooting found that one tube blew causing the fuse to blow immediately upon powering on. After removing bad tube and replacing fuse it stays on. Figured I'd replace the bad tube and it's match. I've heard bugera runs cold so does not need biasing so I was going to replace the tubes and hopefully be good to go??? Not real savy on biasing and have never re-tubed an amp. So yep...
I don't even think you can bias the Infinium Bugeras, the infinium technology is supposed to essentially work as a self-biasing system. A majority of the time it's crap but yeah, you shouldn't even need to bias it.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by treevis80
Trying to bring my dead Bugera 333xl back to life. Does anybody know what order the matched pairs go in????

You didn't buy a matched quad?
It isn't Infinium, it's the regular 333xl model. I was going to replace 2 tubes but cannot find the order to replace the missing and its match.
Last edited by treevis80 at Apr 13, 2015,
It is really more than likely it's the one right next to it. I've never heard of an amp with staggered power tubes (especially Peavey types like Bugeras). The two on the left and two on the right are pairs.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
IIRC, the 333xl is a nearly part for part copy of a JSX?

If that's the case, pull the two outer tubes.

I strongly disagree with the poster above, Power tubes in a lot of Peaveys are set up as an inner and an outer pair.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by TheStig1214
It is really more than likely it's the one right next to it. I've never heard of an amp with staggered power tubes (especially Peavey types like Bugeras). The two on the left and two on the right are pairs.

That is pretty much only Marshal amps

Most amps are the inner pair or the outer pair get pulled

DONT USE THE BIAS POINTS, IT WILL NOT GIVE YOU A TRUE READING!! use a bias probe or touch the pins on the sockets. The Peavey's are the same way
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 13, 2015,
Yup, it is, I'm an idiot.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Yup, it is, I'm an idiot.

No, your just special
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No, your just special

Goes to show I shouldn't give advice without looking into it first. I actually did help a friend of mine with his Bugera power tubes a while ago, I was thinking about pulling 2 tubes to reduce power though, so one from each pair.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Goes to show I shouldn't give advice without looking into it first. I actually did help a friend of mine with his Bugera power tubes a while ago, I was thinking about pulling 2 tubes to reduce power though, so one from each pair.

yeah and adjust the ohms for the lack of tubes also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by TheStig1214
Goes to show I shouldn't give advice without looking into it first.

It happens.

But if you think about it, I warned you against this in the Quick Questions thread.

Rob and Arby already corrected you, but while they were doing that I went to Google so I could back myself up this time.

CHECK WITH THE MANUFACTURER

for the Bugera 333s it should be XOOX
Inner pair/outer pair

My amp is also inner pair/outer pair and some amps ARE staggered - I think some old Traynors or Vox maybe.

Because I couldn't find much on the Bugera 333x specifically - I looked up the JSX since that is basically what it is a copy of.

Here is some back up detail from Peavey forum, SevenString and UG

http://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26631
http://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19781
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/89437-running-tube-amp-less-power-tubes.html
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-912937.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=running+a+JSX+at+half+power&espv=2&biw=1455&bih=726&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=jDYsVcyPGcOkNoHLgaAC&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA&dpr=1.1

Carry on
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Apr 13, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
yeah and adjust the ohms for the lack of tubes also

Obviously.

I'll just stay out of power tube discussions from now on unless it involves tone
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I actually just pulled the outer tubes and have it running at half power now which is fine for where I'm using it. Seriously that thing sounds better than my Mesa tri-rec, crazy.
I went 8 ohm from the amp into the 16 ohm i the cabinet. Is that correct??
Seriously, this thing has been sitting in my office for like 2 years because it crapped out at practice and it is my back up so I never did anything with it. All this time I could have just pulled the tubes and had it up again. Some day I will venture into new tubes and biasing and all that but for now I'm good. Thanks everybody!!