I am buying an amp for recording and performance. My band sounds primarily like Rammstein. I've been told Mesa Boogie is the way to go. So, what is the heaviest sounding amp?

Looking to spend less than $3,000.
Old 2 channel Dual Rectifier, or a Bogner Uberschall.

I think the Uberschall sounds way more powerful and heavy than any Rectifier.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 12, 2015,
Yep Bogner Uberschall is a beastly amp. They make 2 versions the regular which has a clean and a dirty channel and the twin jet which has 2 dirty channels.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ I thought it was the other way around?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
While everyone is busy listing off their favourite amp, here's the gear Kruspe actually used on tour.

Last edited by some_dude_2 at Apr 12, 2015,
Uberschall sounds like a more brutal recto with less sag. A Diezel may also be good, but possibly out of your budget.

Quote by Offworld92
^ I thought it was the other way around?

The Twin Jet has 2 dirty channels. It's all in the name.
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Last edited by Badmotorfingers at Apr 12, 2015,
If you want 2 channel dual rec heaviness but with additional versatility check out the Roadster and Roadking (if you want 6l6 and el34 simultaneous flexibility).
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I would look into a Tremoverb if you are thinking rec.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by some_dude_2
While everyone is busy listing off their favourite amp, here's the gear Kruspe actually used on tour.
Though the main amps are voodoo mod'd, and the platinum mod costs about as much as a used dual recto.

In the US, I'd rather get an uberschall or a herbert.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Though the main amps are voodoo mod'd, and the platinum mod costs about as much as a used dual recto.

In the US, I'd rather get an uberschall or a herbert.

The day you recommend a Mesa is the day I'll know for sure the apocalypse is here
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
^ the lone star is among my favorite amp actually, it's just that I haven't found more than a couple situations in which to suggest getting one.

For my life I can't get to like a recto tho, to me they sound top down weak.
And the mark V's are exaggeratedly overpriced gimmicks.

To each his own
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
^ the lone star is among my favorite amp actually, it's just that I haven't found more than a couple situations in which to suggest getting one.

For my life I can't get to like a recto tho, to me they sound top down weak.
And the mark V's are exaggeratedly overpriced gimmicks.

To each his own

Hey your in Italy you should like Brunetti Amps then.

Mesa amps are pretty sweet, I'm not a fanboy, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. I can understand the reasoning, because Mesa are stupid expensive in Europe, but in the USA they are not that bad.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 13, 2015,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^

I'd look at a Splawn Nitro too

+3.1415. The Nitro is pretty awesome.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+3.1415. The Nitro is pretty awesome.

Yeah I want one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Rammstein, you say? Get an ENGL Savage 120. Or a Sansamp PSA with a good tube power amp - that's got Rammstein all over it dude.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Hey your in Italy you should like Brunetti Amps then.
Meh, they do sound good but they're even more overpriced than mesa's, even if they're made here.

It's mostly marketing and people saying "we are italian craftsman so we're good at designing and handwiring amps" than good sounding amps.

As a european though, one of my two dream amps is the ENGL powerball II
Quote by Robbgnarly
Mesa amps are pretty sweet, I'm not a fanboy, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.
Still tho, I do love lonestars, I do like atlantic's and I'd get a mark if it costed a third than that, but for my life I can't get to like recto's and express'.

They have a reason to be, not arguing about that, they simply can't produce a sound I really like.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
^ The older Lonestar was my first amp but was immediately replaced by the older Triple Rec.

Quote by deastbrook
I am buying an amp for recording and performance. My band sounds primarily like Rammstein. I've been told Mesa Boogie is the way to go. So, what is the heaviest sounding amp?

Looking to spend less than $3,000.

My initial recommendations still stand: Dual/Triple Rec, Uberschall, Powerball, Soldano, Road King II.

I don't think the Tremoverb can do the carnage mode that the regular Recs deliver (have had the head and combo versions). The Nitro is a nice amp but a bit limited and sounds different, an opinion.
Quote by Spambot_2
Meh, they do sound good but they're even more overpriced than mesa's, even if they're made here.

It's mostly marketing and people saying "we are italian craftsman so we're good at designing and handwiring amps" than good sounding amps.

As a european though, one of my two dream amps is the ENGL powerball II
Still tho, I do love lonestars, I do like atlantic's and I'd get a mark if it costed a third than that, but for my life I can't get to like recto's and express'.

They have a reason to be, not arguing about that, they simply can't produce a sound I really like.

That must suck.

Do you like Ferrari and Lambroghini, they are awesome Italian made things
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Ippon
^ The older Lonestar was my first amp but was immediately replaced by the older Triple Rec.

My initial recommendations still stand: Dual/Triple Rec, Uberschall, Powerball, Soldano, Road King II.

I don't think the Tremoverb can do the carnage mode that the regular Recs deliver (have had the head and combo versions). The Nitro is a nice amp but a bit limited and sounds different, an opinion.

i am curious, do you have any A/B clips of a tremoverb and two channel dual rec? i love my tremoverb, i am wondering how different it is from a dual rec. if not thats fine.

i played an uberschall today and actually wasn't overly impressed. kind of a bummer actually. i played it for like 30mins with and without a boost and just didn't like it, it was even through a bogner cab.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am curious, do you have any A/B clips of a tremoverb and two channel dual rec? i love my tremoverb, i am wondering how different it is from a dual rec. if not thats fine.

i played an uberschall today and actually wasn't overly impressed. kind of a bummer actually. i played it for like 30mins with and without a boost and just didn't like it, it was even through a bogner cab.

I liked the Tremoverbs but I already have the the Duals/Triples (massive) and the more versatile RoadKing II.

The various revisions of the regular Uberschalls I had were very good and I liked them a lot, specially in a 2-guitar band; but, not enough to hang on to them after I was gifted the Uberschall Twin Jets (two!) ... different story, and I still have them. Unlike the Nitro which seems to sound nice with Small Blocks most of the time, I liked how the Ubers worked well with V30s, V30s X T75s, and EVM-12Ls.

I totally get how you weren't overly impressed. At least you were impressed.
Quote by Ippon
I liked the Tremoverbs but I already have the the Duals/Triples (massive) and the more versatile RoadKing II.

The various revisions of the regular Uberschalls I had were very good and I liked them a lot, specially in a 2-guitar band; but, not enough to hang on to them after I was gifted the Uberschall Twin Jets (two!) ... different story, and I still have them. Unlike the Nitro which seems to sound nice with Small Blocks most of the time, I liked how the Ubers worked well with V30s, V30s X T75s, and EVM-12Ls.

I totally get how you weren't overly impressed. At least you were impressed.

if you could sum it up briefly for me, what is the difference in the tremoverb v. a 2ch dual rec?

the uberschall was nice, but (you may disagree, as it is opinion), but i like my nitro a lot better, even though they are a bit different. i think i like my tremoverb better too. i don't know. it was $1600 used,which is good, and i paid $760ish for the tremoverb, and $1050 for the nitro. i don't know it just didn't live up to the hype.

my issue now is gassing for a rockerverb.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
if you could sum it up briefly for me, what is the difference in the tremoverb v. a 2ch dual rec?

the uberschall was nice, but (you may disagree, as it is opinion), but i like my nitro a lot better, even though they are a bit different. i think i like my tremoverb better too. i don't know. it was $1600 used,which is good, and i paid $760ish for the tremoverb, and $1050 for the nitro. i don't know it just didn't live up to the hype.

my issue now is gassing for a rockerverb.

The tremoverb has tremolo and some say a hair less gain. I honestly don't know about the gain, it seemed to have a lot to me
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Ippon
You repeatedly mentioned that people have repeatedly mentioned that the new lonestar's sound different from the older ones.

Now, (for the third time so please now answer 'cause I wanna know ) were you/they referring to a difference between the older lonestar classic vs the new lonestar classic or between whatever lonestar classic and the lonestar special?
Quote by Robbgnarly
That must suck.
Yes it does.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Do you like Ferrari and Lambroghini, they are awesome Italian made things
Well yeah, but I really don't know much about them apart from how they look and how they're supposed to be like.

Also they cost too much money

I do like pizza very much, if that's what you were going to ask later
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i played an uberschall today and actually wasn't overly impressed. kind of a bummer actually.
Can relate.
Quote by Robbgnarly
The tremoverb has tremolo and some say a hair less gain.
Eh, I should try a tremoverb...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2

I do like pizza very much, if that's what you were going to ask later

While there were a lot of thing I loved about Italy when I lived there (mmmmm, Gelato!!), Italian Pizza sucks ass. The lack of toppings made the few pizzas I had in Italy a less than stellar experience. I will say that it was more than made up for by having fast food places where I could get calamari!

I expect it's changed in the intervening 30 years though...you folks might have finally gotten Pizza right.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Robbgnarly
The tremoverb has tremolo and some say a hair less gain. I honestly don't know about the gain, it seemed to have a lot to me

thats what i am thinking. i have the gain a tad above noon on mine and i couldn't imagine needing more. i will have to dime the gain to see what its like .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!