When I was shopping for a Tremol-No a few weeks ago, I stumbled on something that looked considerably simpler (and cheaper) on amazon, and decided to try it. This simple little trem blocker from Neck Check Guitar

So far, it kicks ass. Works exactly like it looks like it does. Move the little screw until it just makes contact with the trem block, and I've got dive-only operation, and can drop d/break strings without going out of tune. Move it back out of the way for full floating. Right now, I have it touching the block, and have the springs tightened up against it. The whole thing is held solid. Bridge is flat and it feels just like a hardtail. I did that so I could tune it up to Eb (this one stays in D standard usually) for a show tomorrow, and hadn't even thought about how it would also fix the floating bridge double bend problem, which was a nice bonus. I immediately noticed the increased resonance and sustain compared to full floating, even just playing unplugged. It's night and day.

Minimally intrusive, holds solid, came with the little screws to mount it. Very nice little piece of brass. Clean cut, sunken screw holes, it's not going anywhere. Fits nice and flush with the wood surface. Was about $15 with shipping. Totally happy with it. Installed this on my Hellraiser.

Edit: Damn those giant pictures.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Last edited by the_bi99man at Apr 13, 2015,
hmmm..... interesting i may have to invest in one of those. i prefer floating but there are times when that may come in handy.
Indeed. I plan to keep it floating more often than not. I usually play it that way, in D standard, and use the bar quite a bit. But I'm playing with a cover band and needed to be able to use it for other tunings. I was just capoing the first fret and using it for Eb stuff, but with the next set of songs we're adding, I'm gonna need to be able to drop D it, for both drop C# and drop C.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I bought one of those to sort out an unreliable licensed Floyd a couple months ago. So simple, but works like a charm. The only problem I had was that I had to switch out one of the screws for a shorter one because it went through into the bridge pickup cavity. But yeah, at times this thing really is just exactly the solution you need for practically no money.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I've got a couple of those, bought them at Floyd Upgrades and cost me 19.99, think i'll go with This place from now on.