Hi, I'm a bass player and I wanna learn electric guitar. I have an acoustic and I've learned all the basics, chords, barre chords, scales ect. What are some good entry level guitars and amps? I want to spend around $500 on the guitar and $300 on the amp (Australian Dollar). Are squires or Ephiphones worth their price tag?

Thanks for you help
I want '61 Jazz Bass!
Some Squiers and Epiphones are pretty good. But less than $500 I'd look at Schecter, Ibanez and LTD still. What sorts of music are you playing?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Perth^
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Thanks for all the help everyone, I've got a few people to ring tomorrow
I want '61 Jazz Bass!
I own a vintage V100 and bought it for 319 EUR. I am upgrading it with seymour duncan alnico 2 slash pickups which makes it 500 EUR.
In my opinion it are great guitars and if you have the chance, give them a shot.
Hi, check out Ibanez RG32. Bought it for 275£ and was totally worth it. Mind you I own other 4 guitars, including Ltd mh 1000 deluxe and ltd f401m and this Ibanez is way better as playability goes. Neck is just perfect for me.
Another vote for the Ibanez RG entry models. I picked one up used just to muck around with it as a backup and I haven't touched my other far pricier guitars since!
Quote by ThatWogBoy
Thanks for all the help everyone, I've got a few people to ring tomorrow

I recommend the Fender Strat if you can get it, a MIM Strat is better than the other options. If you find it isn't quite enough 'rawk' for you you can always swap the bridge pickup for a single coil sized humbucker later on.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Knarrenheino