Page 2 of 440
I forget the exact reason for the sudden cut-off at the end of PMU, but it has to do with how life is short, and how it comes to an abrupt stop out of nowhere
Last edited by mr.snruB_2 at Jan 15, 2005,
Originally posted by ZepHedJack
Is anyone else completely annoyed by the end of Pull Me Under? On the cd (at least on mine) it kinda just cuts out, it pisses me off.

Thats on purpose, its a symbolic action, about how life can change and/or stop suddenly.

I like it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Sorry
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Originally posted by SilentDeftone
^ How english-teacher-ish of you

Does anyone know the projected release date for the new album?

there is no definate release date as of yet, but it is scheduled for about spring or early summer I believe
anybody got good suggestions for dream theatre albums to buy?
im new too this band and i wanna buy a cd but i want the best
If you're used to heavier stuff, you could buy Train of Thought or Scenses from a Memory. I found SFAM very easy to listen to, even with it being my first prog metal purchase. Images and Words is good, but there are some songs that I feel that still have an overage of that annoying 80's influence. Awake was a bit better.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
do they play any songs form awake in their shows?

that drum kit is bloody huge.....does petrucci play any crazy type of guitar?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
^No, not really... Just his Ernie Ball sigs.

Click.
^^ and how nice his signature guitar is too

I also thought that the end of PMU was a glitch on my CD

and has anyone else noticed how shoddy John Petrucci's site is compared to how awesome Mike Portnoy's site is?
A shredder in the making........ turned over to jazz.
Mathemagician in the making too.

Originally posted by Stratwizard
John Petrucci overrated? Is God overrated?
Last edited by kingal at Jan 16, 2005,
Originally posted by reef_d
does petrucci play any crazy type of guitar?

He uses a double neck guitar on occassion, but I think that's it...

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
just bought Train of thought and ive lost control of my bodily functions is so good but i gotta go shower now cause i bough the cd yesterday and havent stopped listening

and the song As I am=oh my god, god?
Train of Thought is good, I agree. But they probably won't go in that direction again for a while. They're going back to their old ways, which I think some fans want.

Anywayz, does anyone know what brand of strings John Myung uses?

LOL @ RABBIT
All of them are good, however my personal favorite is Live Scenes From New York.

And yes, they are DEFINITELY worth it.

Click.
Well no one's posting so might as well start a new topic

What do you guys think about the Six Degrees album? I've never heard it mentioned much, I just bought it a few days ago. I've listened to the first CD and to tell the truth I don't like it too much, except for the glass prison and some of the second song. The other stuff is ok just nothing special.
Originally posted by REPOMAN
Well no one's posting so might as well start a new topic

What do you guys think about the Six Degrees album? I've never heard it mentioned much, I just bought it a few days ago. I've listened to the first CD and to tell the truth I don't like it too much, except for the glass prison and some of the second song. The other stuff is ok just nothing special.
I love The Glass Prison, buuuuut that's the only tune I know off of it.. oh, and War Inside My Head, good song also. I was thinking about buying the album, but haven't got around to it yet.
Who is John Galt?
When I scrounge up enough money to buy it, I think I'll definitely go for Six Degrees. I hear it has pretty good songs. I heard a bunch of them off of Budokan. I personally think they're awesome. I'm mostl ikely gonna buy it sooner or later. I really wanna hear The Glass Prison and The Great Debate.

LOL @ RABBIT
^the great debate has a nice groove, but its not very good to tell you the truth.

but The Glass Prison, well, thats a whole other story
6 degrees is amazing, but then again that may be biased as i love dream theater and thinkanything they do is extraordinary. And i can play the album too! \m/ ROCK ON!
I listened to the second disc today and I like it much better than the first. It's one long 42 minute song split up into 8 parts and it is amazing, some of their best work IMO.

Anyway there's some store on ebay that has it new for 10 bucks rather than 25 so search around there too
Dt rocks Petrucci and Portnoy are geniouses
....and pass the cemetary gates
REST IN PEACE Brother Dime
1966-2004
How long has Petrucci had his hair cut?
#1 Member and Founder of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM me to join.
Member #13 of the Opeth Fan Club

126 Members and Goin' Strong in the "LP Sucks Club".
I have a question after seeing a live NAMM performance of LTE. It was just a casual gig at past midnight with only 20 or 30 people in audience. The video of this concert i got of Kazaa was taken by some camcorder. Anyway

Petrucci changed guitars atleast 3 times (played like 2 songs from Vol 2 and a couple from Vol. 1), and all of them were Ibanez RGs! Does he always use em in LTE or what? All the 4 guitars in the rack behind him were RGs, im pretty sure.
I thought he changed to Music Mans all the time?

Well, either way, they're good guitars. That's weird though, because every where I see him now he has a Music Man.

glass prison is my favorite song by far. the arpeggio runs at the beginning are insanely hard to play without messing up. i saw dreamtheater at the house of blues about two years ago and they performed glass prison and josh petrucci screwed up the run and just stopped playing it.

close seconds:

dance of eternity
new millenium
under a glass moon
light fuse and get away
Originally posted by evac|DB
Hooray, more NPS obsession. Here's a crazy idea: Try writing some music.
John switched from Ibanez to ernie balls between FII and SFAM i believe. I'm pretty sure that the Liquid Tension stuff was done before he switched guitar brands
Originally posted by Leevai455
glass prison is my favorite song by far. the arpeggio runs at the beginning are insanely hard to play without messing up. i saw dreamtheater at the house of blues about two years ago and they performed glass prison and josh petrucci screwed up the run and just stopped playing it.

He just stopped playing? What the hell?

A Dream Theater tatoo would look kinda stupid unless it was their sign or that eye on Train of Thought. Don't get that burning heart thing, that would look gay.

Is the burning heart thing a Catholic/Christian reference?

If I were into tattoos, I'd definitely get the logo thing. It's just the coolest thing ever. The eye thing is gay, too, though. There's no chance I'd ever get that thing.

LOL @ RABBIT
Yeah I would go for the symbols. That would look the best.

Originally posted by Leevai455

I find it hard to believe that petrucci screwed it up and even more unbelievable that he just stopped playing it, what exactly happened?