Page 5 of 440
what is one DT album i should NOT buy?
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Ok, Does anyone know how to activate the bonus material on the "Train of Thought" CD? I thought you just went to Dream Theater's website and it'd work automatically or something like that, but I guess it's not working or something.
Originally posted by VaiSatchFan
Ok, Does anyone know how to activate the bonus material on the "Train of Thought" CD? I thought you just went to Dream Theater's website and it'd work automatically or something like that, but I guess it's not working or something.

It hasnt worked for a while now.
Originally posted by Night_Lights
what is one DT album i should NOT buy?

If there's one really subpar DT album, it's their debut, When Dream and Day Unite. Don't waste your money on that, unless you're really a hardcore die hard DT fan. That should be the last DT album you buy, IMHO.
^That and Falling Into Infinity.

new keyboardist with different sound + record company putting their noses where they don't belong = kind of average album.

its a great album, but not the one you should purchase first.
also, to VaiSatchFan, I believe that the bonus footage was sort of just a limited time kind of thing. There are places you can still find it though. If you find some of it, please post a link, because I haven't seen the footage in quite awhile also.

(FYI, for anyone who hasn't seen the footage, its a compilation of roughly 15 minutes of in studio footage)
Originally posted by vaishredder
Train of thought kicks ass.

Yeah, it's great. The first DT cd I got
"As I Am"
#1 Member and Founder of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM me to join.
Member #13 of the Opeth Fan Club

126 Members and Goin' Strong in the "LP Sucks Club".
Originally posted by SilentDeftone
I rather enjoyed When Dream & Day Unite. My least favorite album is ACOS. ACOS still pwns though

ACOS least favorite?! also, the live vocals on that are the best of any of their official releases
are you justified?
justified in taking life to save life...
Originally posted by ace_blaze:
nothing personal, im an equal opportunity asshole
That's why it's not an album. They released it as an EP because they didn't have enough room to put it on I&W or Awake.
"Speak softly, and carry a big stick." - Theodore Roosevelt
Does anybody know anything about the upcoming album? All I know is it's supposed to come out in the spring.
I didn't even know they were making a new album right now.

Originally posted by Puppies On Acid
Does anybody know anything about the upcoming album? All I know is it's supposed to come out in the spring.

take a gander at my second post on page 8
^^Thanks..probably shoulda looked but i didn't see that
COS is also one of my favorites. i love the covers and the song is probably my favorite next to learning to live.
are you justified?
justified in taking life to save life...
Originally posted by ace_blaze:
nothing personal, im an equal opportunity asshole
Did Dream Theater at one time not have LaBrie? Because I saw a picture of one of their albums, and the vocalist was not LaBrie.
Labrie made his debut with Images and Words. Prior to that, it was Charles Dominici (sp?).
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
After they fired Dominici, Labrie beat out about 200 other auditioners for the job. For all you people who say he sucks, he must have been pretty good, because DT had 200 other people to choose from.
People just say Labrie sucks because it takes getting used to. But in truth, Labrie's voice is a rarity in progressive metal and something to be thankful for.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
I tried to post a vid of DT (or Majesty as they were known at the time) with Charlie, but it didn't work.
All my friends who ive introduced to Dream Theater hated him, The song starts and i Think its The Glass Prison or As I Am and there like, dude this rocks!! then LaBrie starts in and there like, dude this is the gayest **** i cant believe you listen to it

meh i dont like him so much either
I am a huge fan of LaBrie... he sounds great and has a huge range... check out the live Finally Free for example

Surrounded, Another Day, Through Her Eyes, Hollow Years, Wait For Sleep, Learning To Live, Home, Endless Sacrifice... hes just a damn good singer

I will agree that he does better on the softer stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't like his vocals on heavier tracks like The Glass Prison, In The Name of God, Fatal Tragedy, This Dying Soul etc... damn good singer
When I first heard a sample of Strange Deja Vu, I found LaBrie slightly irritating, yet I thought there was a sort of awesomeness to it. He wasn't nearly as bad as people claimed him to be.

LOL @ RABBIT
I like LaBrie as well, but he can sound a little corny sometimes, but most of the time he's kickass.

Okay, new topic. What's your favorite song off each Dream Theater album?

When Dream & Day Unite - Only A Matter Of Time

Images & Words - Learning To Live

Awake - Voices

A Change Of Seasons - A Change Of Seasons (favorite part is Crimson Sunset)

Falling Into Infinity - Trial Of Tears

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory - Finally Free

6° Of Inner Turbulence - Disappear

Train Of Thought - Stream Of Consciousness
When Dream & Day Unite - A Fortune In Lies

Images & Words - Take The Time

Awake - Caught In A Web

A Change Of Seasons - The Big Medley

Falling Into Infinity - Just Let Me Breathe

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory -The Spirit Carries On

6° Of Inner Turbulence - The Glass Prison

Train Of Thought - In the Name of God

a change of seasons- part vii the crimson sunset
train of thought- in the name of god

those are the only albums i have, ive been gettin by on downloads and dvds but no music store in a 50 mile radius has ever even heard of dream theater where i live, it really sucks
When Dream & Day Unite - Only A Matter Of Time

Images & Words - Another Day

Awake - 6:00 or Space Dye Vest

A Change Of Seasons - A Change Of Seasons

Falling Into Infinity - Hollow Years

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory - Overture1928 or The Dance of Eternity

6° Of Inner Turbulence - The Glass Prison

Train Of Thought - Stream Of Consciousness or in the name of god
A shredder in the making........ turned over to jazz.
Mathemagician in the making too.

Originally posted by Stratwizard
John Petrucci overrated? Is God overrated?