I've been reading up on the Seymour Duncan Full Shred, and it seems ideal. I have a Charvel Desolation series that has okay passive pickups in it, but they are too dark for my taste. I want something tight and clear for drop tuning that doesn't have a ton of output, but just enough. Would be playing modern rock with dropped tuning, but also some medium gain crunch sounds and clean tones too.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I read the title and came to say Full Shreds. Looks like you already did your research.

My LTD H-301 has Full Shreds, my Ibanez S420 has DiMarzio D Activators, and my Ibanez RG520 has a SD Distortion / Jazz.

The Full Shreds are by far the best. The vast majority of pickups out there disappoint me now because they are so muddy in comparison. The D Activators are pretty clear, but they are just so damn high output. I actually have a Steve's Special waiting to go in my S420. Waiting to get a neck pup to do the swap.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Check out RailHammer Pickups. They have high, medium and PAF level output models, as well as 2 HB-sized P90 models.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My favourite non-boutique pickup of all is the DiMarzio FRED. I find it really articulate and clear and isn't too high output. I REALLY wish they made a 7 string version, though the Titan probably fills the gap for an articulate tight dimarzio that's available in a 7 string version.
I found the Full Shred bridge pickup kinda bassy and lifeless when I had it in my 7 string. The neck one was OK.

You should look into Lace Hemis or Finger Burners for crunchy rock sounds. Maybe even Alumitones.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
From all sorts of comparison videos I actually also got the impression Full Shred actually does sound quite dark and bassy, with quite a few people confirming that. Not the best source of information I know, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for according to your description.

I think Seymour Duncan SH-4 (aka JB) and SH-5 would also be worth looking into, both are in the medium-high output zone and definitely sound quite bright and clear. I have a guitar with the former and they're excellent, and sound clear and articulate even with quite a bit of gain. The SH-5 seems comparable but a bit fatter.
Hmmm, well the closer to medium output it gets, the better. I'm not interested in super hot saturating output. Clarity and tightness in drop C tuning while keeping some versatility is my main concern. I realize part of that is a naturally tight amp, but I don't want to tune low with overly dark pickups.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Then I'd really look at the RailHammer HyperVintage.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well, I found a good deal on a Seymour Duncan Full Shred. They seemed fairly bright enough to me, but I'll also check out a the Railhammer stuff too if it's not good enough.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Just a complete aside, here.

My suggestion is to *avoid* buying a set of pickups, and instead buy single pickups that sound the best in their specific locations. I've found that it's rare to find a set with a "matched" neck pickup that sounds good in both positions; usually the neck pickup sounds muddy, and this is particularly true with downtuned guitars.

I've replaced full-size humbuckers with single-coil-size humbuckers in the neck position and found they can produce greater clarity. it's also probably a bad idea to toss a low-output version of the same pickup as in the bridge in the neck position. I've had great luck with some single coil-size full-bore humbucker pickups that were designed originally to occupy the bridge position of a strat. There are adapters to put these into the existing pickup rings. One example is the DiMarzio Fast Track II, an 18K buttkicker that sounds surprisingly clear in the neck position. It is also LOUDER than the bridge pickup on that same guitar, but that shouldn't be an issue if it has its own volume control or if you have a BLEND knob in your control setup.
Barenuckles would be great for that, a bit pricey though, a painkiller, aftermath, or a juggeraut would work great.
Check out SD Black Winters. They are advertised as being a "black metal" pickup, but they are a lot more than that. I currently have them in a guitar tuned to D Standard and sometimes I drop the low-D to C. They are a brighter pickup, which helps them maintain clarity at lower tunings. The EQ is balanced so there is enough low end but not too much. Also, they clean up nicely with the volume knob, with useable tones all they way to nearly "off." The cleans they can get are heavenly, kind of a chimey, clear, but somehow still warm clean.

They are at home playing extreme metal as well as heavy rock and even blues. While I usually play extreme genres of metal, I've been playing my Slash licks lately and really enjoying the tone I get...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood