Right now I'm using 11-54 beefy slinkys on my ESP LTD H-1001 with a 25.5 scale length. I'm just finding that the low 54 is just too floppy for drop c and that 22p on the F string is just too thick for soloing. Can anyone suggest me a good set of strings?
I use 10-52 DR strings (the dimebag sig set) on my 25.5" hellraiser for D standard and sometimes drop C. Feels fine to me. The low could stand to be a bit tighter, I guess, but I don't find it too floppy already.

Maybe try piecing together a custom set from individual strings. Go like 10, 13, 17 or maybe 11, 14, 20 for the high strings, and something crazy heavy for the low three.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
D'Addario 10-59 7 string set and throw out the 26?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I use 11-56 D'Addarios for Drop C personally.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
I use 11-56 D'Addarios for Drop C personally.

I was actually considering those. How do you like them? What scale length do you use it on and pickups?
Quote by GuitarFlip1
I was actually considering those. How do you like them? What scale length do you use it on and pickups?

24.74 inch Ibanez IC300 with Lace Dissonant Aggressors. Use it mainly for stoner/sludge/doom sort of stuff. I like tight strings and these do the job just enough for me. I could probably stand to go up another gauge for my personal tastes but then I run the risk of it sounding to tight and bassy. I have that issue a bit on a 25.5 Ibby with a custom 13-64 (wound 3rd too) in C standard. Just too much tension it sounds like a baritone.

I know Mastodon uses 10-52 for drop C and I did that too for a while but I found I was just barely holding enough tension to stay in tune when I hit a note.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
24.74 inch Ibanez IC300 with Lace Dissonant Aggressors. Use it mainly for stoner/sludge/doom sort of stuff. I like tight strings and these do the job just enough for me. I could probably stand to go up another gauge for my personal tastes but then I run the risk of it sounding to tight and bassy. I have that issue a bit on a 25.5 Ibby with a custom 13-64 (wound 3rd too) in C standard. Just too much tension it sounds like a baritone.

I know Mastodon uses 10-52 for drop C and I did that too for a while but I found I was just barely holding enough tension to stay in tune when I hit a note.

A lot of people use 10-52 for drop C. I use 10-52 for E standard on my ESP LTD EC-1000 24.75 scale. Is it worth trying 10-52 for drop C on 25.5 scale?
Quote by GuitarFlip1
A lot of people use 10-52 for drop C. I use 10-52 for E standard on my ESP LTD EC-1000 24.75 scale. Is it worth trying 10-52 for drop C on 25.5 scale?

I think you should just do the 11-56s honestly. It's not going to be a huge tension difference with the same tuning and strings but a .75" scale difference.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I use Ernie Ball 11s for drop C without issue. Ibanez S2020XAV/Fender Strat.
This signature is worth TONS of money. You should see what you can get for it.
I use beefy slinkys for drop C and it seems to be the best standard set I've found (that I personally like obviously). You could try just buying an extra 58 or 60 for the low E and see if you like that.

I will admit, the beefy and not even slinkys seem to increase tension in the upper strings too much, while not increasing tension in the lower strings enough.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
I have an H1001 and I used to use the same beefy slinky set. I changed to the daddario 11-56 set and it feels much better, the top strings easier to bend than the beefy set and the low feels better with the added tension. Overall I personally think the daddarios sound and play better in comparison to the 10-54 beefy slinky set.
I personally use the 11 gauge ernie balls (the purple ones) on my guitar. I'm pretty sure that there is also an alexi laiho signature string some by someone that is also thicker on the bottom strings but a lighter gauge on the top strings.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by guthix321
I have an H1001 and I used to use the same beefy slinky set. I changed to the daddario 11-56 set and it feels much better, the top strings easier to bend than the beefy set and the low feels better with the added tension. Overall I personally think the daddarios sound and play better in comparison to the 10-54 beefy slinky set.

I just ordered the 11-56, hopefully they're better than the Beefy Sinkys.
I use 9-42's for drop C on all my guitars.. never had a problem and easy to set up to on a floyd rose too..
Quote by DragonSygma
I use 9-42's for drop C on all my guitars.. never had a problem and easy to set up to on a floyd rose too..

Do you have a baritone guitar!?!?! I see that either 1) not being able to hold tune very well or 2) Rattling and buzzing like crazy.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I just wanted to post an update here. I ordered the D'Addario 11-56 strings and put them on my guitar and honestly, they are prefect. Exactly what I was looking for. A perfect amount of tension on the low strings and high strings. They sound great and I would recommend them to anyone looking to tune to drop C on a 25.5 scale length guitar.
^^awesome. Glad they worked out for you. I was actually thinking about trying them myself, for my D standard/Drop C guitar, but now I'm also using that guitar for Eb sometimes, and the 10-52 already feels really tight for that.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6