Hi all. I am a beginner and want to practice guitar on headphones. I want to practice some distortion techniques and was wondering whether to go with
Vox amPlug 2 AC30 Guitar Headphone Amp or
DigiTech RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal

I believe in both of them I can plug headphones and play them. Would multi effect processor be a good investment instead of going for a headphone amp? Or should I chuck both and go for a speaker amp.

Question 2: Is Digitech RP55 loud enough on headphones/speaker or do we need an amp with it?
personally I'd get an actual amp with a headphone input, but it really depends on what you want to do with your playing. If you just want to practice at home the amplug would be fine. If you want to record the songs you play, the pedal would work a bit better. If you want to play with other people, an speaker amp would be best.
Those would be fine, but personally I'd recommend one of the Zoom G series.

For not much more than the price of an Amplug, you can get a Zoom G1on which has significantly more features, including loads of effects and amp sims, a looper, drum sequencer and USB interface.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Throwing my own two-cents in this,

If it's not too far from your price range a Roland Microcube also has a headphone out all the while providing some effects & being portable.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]