The Official 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread: No Kings, No Bruins, No Problems

Page 1 of 30

Welcome friends to another installment of the NHL playoff thread

To those of you with teams in the playoffs best of luck to you, unless you are a Nashville fan in which case you may kindly smd

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Montreal vs. Ottawa
Tampa vs. Detroit
Pittsburgh vs. Suck
Washington vs. NYI

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Chicago vs. Nashville
Calgary vs. Vancouver
Minnesota vs. St. Louis
Winnipeg vs. Anaheim

Make ur predictions and banter and so forth

RIP
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Apr 14, 2015,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
winnipeg will win the cup :sarcasm:

One of the tsn guys, eiher jeff oneill or aaron ward, cant remember, is actually confidently predicting this
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I dont see how anyone thinks anaheim wont make it to the conference finals. Top tier team and all they need to get through is two of the bottom three seeds, winnipeg + calgary/vancouver.

And on the other hand a lot of people are predicting hawks in the finals and theyd have to likely go against nashville/st.louis/anaheim/east champs and i cant think of a harder route than that.
Quote by Night
Quote by Wiegenlied
I dont see how anyone thinks anaheim wont make it to the conference finals. Top tier team and all they need to get through is two of the bottom three seeds, winnipeg + calgary/vancouver.

And on the other hand a lot of people are predicting hawks in the finals and theyd have to likely go against nashville/st.louis/anaheim/east champs and i cant think of a harder route than that.

For the Hawks? The harder route would probably actually be through Winnipeg and Calgary/Vancouver lol, chippy teams that would outwork them and young goaltenders that can shut the door when called upon are the Hawks' biggest nightmares

A Nashville team with little playoff experience and scoring depth, a St. Louis team that rolls over and dies if Kane is back (and it looks like he's playing tomorrow), and Anaheim that honestly does not scare me that much in clutch situations (sorry minty but you know how it is lol) is not that difficult in comparison

But in Anaheim's current situation I tend to agree with you, I don't see either team in the Pacific beating them

Anyways,

Chicago in 6
St. Louis in 7
Anaheim in 7 (Winnipeg gonna put up a good fight)
Vancouver in 6

Tampa in 5 (Wings win game 1)
Montreal in 6
Suck in 6
Washington in 6 (Upset? Holtby shuts the door imo)
Quote by Rockford_rocks
For the Hawks? The harder route would probably actually be through Winnipeg and Calgary/Vancouver lol, chippy teams that would outwork them and young goaltenders that can shut the door when called upon are the Hawks' biggest nightmares

A Nashville team with little playoff experience and scoring depth, a St. Louis team that rolls over and dies if Kane is back (and it looks like he's playing tomorrow), and Anaheim that honestly does not scare me that much in clutch situations (sorry minty but you know how it is lol) is not that difficult in comparison

But in Anaheim's current situation I tend to agree with you, I don't see either team in the Pacific beating them

Anyways,

Chicago in 6
St. Louis in 7
Vancouver in 6

Montreal in 6
Suck in 6

wow your predictions suck
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Anyways,

Chicago in 6
St. Louis in 7
Vancouver in 6

Montreal in 6
Suck in 6

yeah i have the same teams going onward.

I think this is the year the blues take out your hawks though
Quote by Night
I don't think so, and I know I'm incredibly biased but I think the Hawks have their number. Miller blew them the series last year and Kane will likely be mostly healthy by the time round 2 rolls around. I'm probably the least scared of the Blues of any team in the West, and the Kings not being around bodes well for their Cup chances

I don't think they'll drop 4 in a row like they did last year but they won't be winning the first two either.

No disrespect to Nashville tho gotta get through them first. Though they are probably the best first round matchup they could've asked for minus Calgary. Good luck with Dubnyk Blues
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Apr 14, 2015,
that op tho :')))

alright lets do this:

montreal in 5 (carey price goes ham, ottawa steals one)
detroit in 7 (2013 all over again. a bunch of kids will carry detroit until games 6 and 7 where their vets come alive)
pittsburgh in 7 (ballsy pick but i have a feeling the scare of almost blowing it will wake their boys up against a rangers team with a huge head thinking they'll just roll over everyone to the cup finals. fleury series mvp)
nyi in 6 (tavares > ovechkin, nyi channels their offensive depth from the start of the season)

anaheim in 6 (not gonna be a walk in the park but it's definitely not gonna be the total domination at the hands of the jets that everyone is saying it will be)
vancouver in 7 (gongshow series, it's a coin flip tbh)
minnesota in 6 (someone will probably target tarasenko's knee and **** up st. louis' offence, backes screws his team over again by being an undisciplined jackass)
chicago in 5 (preds are the biggest pretenders out there right now have fun matching up with chicago with mike ribeiro as your #1c)

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Apr 14, 2015,
Quote by Wiegenlied

betting against anaheim is the sexy thing to do.. the tsn writeup literally says "jets in 7 cause its no fun if we don't choose any upsets, right?" before going on some bullshit tirade about how big and skilled they are as if the ducks aren't just as big and far more skilled..

the hype surrounding that team is so over the top right now. the ducks took the kings to game 7 after dropping the first 2 at home last year with a significantly weaker roster than they have now and re-tooled over the summer fully anticipating a rematch this year (lol). they had their number all season. everyone is making it out to be as if winnipeg pioneered the playoff grind game even though they're just a shittier version of the blues (who themselves are just a shitty version of the kings)

montreal in 6, defense doesn't seem to be as strong as it was last season but price is the man and will get them through

tampa in 6, stamkos - now with goaltending and defense

suck in 7, because the only redeeming quality of the suck making the playoffs would be to see them square off against the islanders

islanders in 6, because losing to washington in their last year in that arena is just too depressing even for nyi fans

chicago in 6, obviously

vancouver in 6, still no sign of giordano

st louis in 6, theyre pretty good team eh

anaheim in 5, there are no shootouts in the playoff format
omg first page!

Gio is skating but not close.

Bennett might be playing tomorrow. Mason Raymond seems to have played his way off the team.

Bouma apparently has a broken hand, which is not all that surprising considering he had an affinity for blocking shots with his hands.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Apr 14, 2015,
forgot this in OP

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Wiegenlied
I dont see how anyone thinks anaheim wont make it to the conference finals.

Right like last year, the year before, skip one year and 3 years before that am I right? Every year I pick the ducks for the cup, same shit every time
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Quote by MinterMan22

nyi in 6 (tavares > ovechkin, nyi channels their offensive depth from the start of the season)

Braden Holtby is actually a goalie though. Ovie is probably gonna have is way with Halhack.
Tampa in 6 (Mrazek puts the team on his back, Datsyuk and Zetterberg get shut down, turnovers everywhere)
Ottawa in 7 (Dat momentum and confidence)
Rangers in 5 (Battle of the suck)
Washington in 6 (Ovy bombs everywhere, Backstrom guy is an alright playmaker)

Anaheim in 4 (Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and Brucey boy ready to lay a beating, also its the Jets)
Chicago in 5 (Preds are done overachieving)
Calgary in 7 (See Ottawa)
St. Louis in 5 (Blues will save the choke for the second round at least)
Last edited by Gregray88 at Apr 14, 2015,
UG playoff bracket challenge or what?!
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Quote by MinterMan22
that op tho :')))

alright lets do this:

montreal in 5 (carey price goes ham, ottawa steals one)
detroit in 7 (2013 all over again. a bunch of kids will carry detroit until games 6 and 7 where their vets come alive)
pittsburgh in 7 (ballsy pick but i have a feeling the scare of almost blowing it will wake their boys up against a rangers team with a huge head thinking they'll just roll over everyone to the cup finals. fleury series mvp)

anaheim in 6 (not gonna be a walk in the park but it's definitely not gonna be the total domination at the hands of the jets that everyone is saying it will be)
vancouver in 7 (gongshow series, it's a coin flip tbh)
minnesota in 6 (someone will probably target tarasenko's knee and **** up st. louis' offence, backes screws his team over again by being an undisciplined jackass)
chicago in 5 (preds are the biggest pretenders out there right now have fun matching up with chicago with mike ribeiro as your #1c)

swap vancouver with calgary and detroit with stamkos and you nailed it bud
East
MTL in 6 - Sens get some jump with the Asst Coach dying-emotional boost, but Price > Hamburglar
Bolts in 5 - Wings keep every game close, but Tampa hold it down for the Sunshine State
Rangers in 5 - Crosby and Malkin are beauts, but the King's back and the Pens are playing with Leafs level D, Rags forward depth shits on the Pens
Caps in 5 - Islanders are so close, but no Grabbo, no wins

Anaheim in 5 - Pavelec turns into a pumpkin just in time for Winnipeg fans to boo their own goalie in the post season
Flames in 6 - Every logical synapse in my head says take the canucks, but those same synapses said the flames wouldn't make the playoffs so to hell with them, Chalk it up to a Vancouver goalie distraction (again)
Chicago in 5 - Kane's back, Preds have forgotten how to score again, perfect storm for Chicago to go for a run
? in 7 - Wild and Blues is the toughest series for me to call. Wild hold the advantage in goal, Blues on D, nd the forward depth is as evenly matched as any series in this post season. Wanna give it to the Blues, not getting Chicago should be the best way for them to advance
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
I have not seen dubynk play a game since the trade to minny so i refuse to believe this is anything more then a potential twilight zone episode plot
Quote by Night
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Wiegenlied
Rangers sucked their way to the top, maybe theyre getting pointers from lana del rey

quoting this for the new thread cuz it was simply too good not to

Is Anyone Starting To Be Afraid Of The Flyers Yet
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
my friends free subscription to nhl gamecentre still works now, every game in HD, oh boy
Quote by Thrashtastic15
does anyone actually think washington will beat nyi

i forgot that was a series lmao

Quote by MinterMan22
i forgot that was a series lmao

are you even watching sportsnet and cbc at the same time? get it together bud i expect more from ya
playoff hockey is the best thing
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Thrashtastic15
are you even watching sportsnet and cbc at the same time? get it together bud i expect more from ya

i only put it on sportsnet when its absolutely necessary

i am above the rogers monopoly

Quote by MinterMan22
i only put it on sportsnet when its absolutely necessary

i am above the rogers monopoly

i can respect that

and ooooh boy what a dive eh boys looks like they are establishing the swedish princess precedent wow

only more amazing is how garbage that powerplay is lmao howd these jokers even make the playoffs
tbh Karlsson is only at 65% so it doesn't take very much

thanks sens hf fans
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Markov scoreeeees!!!

wait
Quote by Ichikurosaki
oh man