From Neil Diamonds Sweet Caroline, Jazz guitar, Measures 30-31

------------7-------------------7------------------7-------------------7
------------5-------------------5------------------5-------------------5
------------1-------------------1------------------1-------------------1
-----9------------9------9-----------9-------9---------9--------9-----
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tab view-able here.

I would be supposing a capo on first fret is fine for this song as there are no open notes, but I can't for the life of me get the rest of the fingering anyway cleanly at all.

Is it a case of suck it up and stretch those pinky's or is this wrong / playable in any other way perhaps?
"If I didn't know I was a genius, I wouldn't listen to the trash I write."
Don't know the song and can't check because I'm leaving for work, but that is definitely not played like that. Either he uses a capo or it's completely wrong. Sorry I can't listen to the song now but someone should be able to clear things up

EDIT: Okay yes it's entirely wrong. Watching him play it live it looks like he has a capo on the second fret.
Last edited by vayne92 at Apr 14, 2015,
You're def right about the cap on 2nd fret on the live version, maybe a difference in studio version?

Hopefully someone will know this, I would expect it's on someones "learnt a long time ago list".
"If I didn't know I was a genius, I wouldn't listen to the trash I write."
A lot of freebie tabs are outright wrong, and this might well be one of them.

It looks to me as if the tab writers just play midi files, and don't actually try to play the thing on guitar. - One I play is nothing like the online tab versions, yet cover versions on Youtube follow the tab, not what is being played in the original performance.