Hey Looking for a new Rhythm /shred Guitar. I don't really mind brands whatever plays and sounds good! I Have an Epiphone les Paul custom at the moment and just looking for something a little snappier/bright.
Preferably maple neck/maple board, 24 frets. Standard superstrat shape
I don't mind what pickups as I can change them out.
New or used but preferably new because there isn't a good market for used in Ireland.
I listen to trivium, Metallica, steel panther, and some metalcore. My favourite tones are satchel, Steve vai, slash, Matt heafy and synyster gates.
PRICE RANGE IN BETWEEN 600€ 800$

I have plans to get a Marshall jcm2000, peavey 6505 or Evh 5150 soon enough to play it threw. Any other suggestions on Amps also would be great
Last edited by jakemcgovern21 at Apr 14, 2015,
Active or passive pickups? Hardtail bridge or tremolo? New or used? You could give some more info
An LTD or ESP would serve you nicely.
I make backing tracks for bass and guitar players. Check 'em out here.
Look into Charvel and Jackson. Charvel San Dimas specifically would probably do you nicely.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
You're still not being very specific. There are hundreds of guitars out there with those sorts of specs.

What kind of bridge do you want?
What kind of neck profile, fingerboard radius, fretwire size etc?
What sort of finish do you want?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by TheStig1214
Look into Charvel and Jackson. Charvel San Dimas specifically would probably do you nicely.

That's what automatically came to mind to me. Jake, as far as amp suggestions I own a JCM2000 and I gigged with a 6505+ for the past 6 months. I felt I could more with the Peavey as to where the Marshall just doesn't quite sound "there" some of the time...if you catch my drift. My opinion of course.
I was looking at the jackson dinkys. The js32 versions and they seemed pretty nice... But I know there not the best. I don't mind if it has a floyd or not but I would prefer a floyd!! I'd like a matte finish all ways around or unfinished neck at least. That's why I would turn to the dinkys instead of soloist. Neck profile etc thinner than a les Paul but I'm not sure about ibanez thin. Jackson necks felt nice. Another guitars neck that felt really good was the ibanez iron label 6 string and the baritone version of it also. It seemed a little thicker than the standard ibanez necks.
If you like the feel of Jacksons so much, and you'd like a Floyd Rose and you acknowledge the compromises you need to make with owning one, then get an MIJ Jackson DK2M used. The old Japanese-made Pro Series were awesome quality guitars for the money and owning one makes you an infinitely better person.

If you choose to get a Dinky, replace the Floyd Rose with a Schaller Lockmeister and you'll have a guitar that'll last forever.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you like the feel of Jacksons so much, and you'd like a Floyd Rose and you acknowledge the compromises you need to make with owning one, then get an MIJ Jackson DK2M used. The old Japanese-made Pro Series were awesome quality guitars for the money and owning one makes you an infinitely better person.

If you choose to get a Dinky, replace the Floyd Rose with a Schaller Lockmeister and you'll have a guitar that'll last forever.

Are you talking about the pro model dinkys that you replace the floyd on or he js series?
The old MIJ Pro.

The newer DKAM JS has nothing on it comparatively, despite looking so similar.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 14, 2015,