https://youtu.be/0IzoRXqc-qM

I have a floyd rose trem on my guitar however I cannot perform things like divebombs because my trem won't bend back far enough, I pulled it back as far as it would go in that video but the pitch is not high enough.
What could be the problem?
Last edited by ls2014 at Apr 14, 2015,
Your explanation of what is happening doesn't make any sense. A divebomb is the action of pushing down on the bar. Pulling up on the bar is the opposite. Are you getting a limited amount of travel with the bar when pulling up or pressing down?

What guitar is it? How is it set up?

The video is also set to private and thus is unviewable.

Pretty much everything about this OP is a complete fail.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 14, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Your explanation of what is happening doesn't make any sense. A divebomb is the action of pushing down on the bar. Pulling up on the bar is the opposite. Are you getting a limited amount of travel with the bar when pulling up or pressing down?

What guitar is it? How is it set up?

The video is also set to private and thus is unviewable.

Pretty much everything about this OP is a complete fail.

My bad I just changed it to unlisted.
I have seen divebombs being done with the tremolo being pulled up and then pushed down, but when I pull mine up it doesn't go high enough.
Then what guitar is it? Is the guitar routed behind the Floyd to allow you to pull up on the bar? Is the bridge level with the body of the guitar?

If it is, then it could be caused by many different things. It could be down to what string you're picking to get the harmonic. Some strings have more elasticity and don't change their pitch as much when the bar is pulled/dived than others. The guitar's action is another factor. The lower it is, the less range of movement you have when pulling up. Another factor is the bridge's design and how deeply the rout of the Floyd is.

Please show pics of how the bridge is set up.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The guitar is a Squier Showmaster,
Here are 2 picks of the bridge from the front.
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Last edited by ls2014 at Apr 14, 2015,
The Floyd is tilted a little bit too far back, but probably not enough to cause the problem you're describing.

You'll need to do some further investigation into the problem yourself. Look to see what the bridge is bottoming out on.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by ls2014
My bad I just changed it to unlisted.
I have seen divebombs being done with the tremolo being pulled up and then pushed down, but when I pull mine up it doesn't go high enough.

Other way round if you want extreme pitch changes. You dive it, catch the natural harmonic when the string is loose (preferably one between the 2nd and 5th frets or so), then pull it up. That's how people generally do it, as far as I know. It was definitely Dimebag's technique, though I don't know if that's your hype.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Divebombs are done by dropping the whammy so that the strings lose their tension. Hit a harmonic and at the bottom of the dive and pull up to get the rising scream. You're mentioning pulling up and then down. What that is you hit a harmonic pull up a bit to get a bit of a scream. Quickly drop it and hit it again at the bottom before you pull up again getting a full on scream. That's just another way to do it, sounds a bit different.

If you can't pull back much more I suggest you open up the guitar and look at the screws holding the springs on the bridge. Sounds like you need to loosen them a little bit. Make sure your bridge is even with the body of your guitar. Also make sure nothing is blocking the bridge from pulling any further.
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
What K33 and Xero said.

I don't know what fret or string you're using but the second fret G string makes the highest pitch natural harmonic that can be done without effects and stuff...move your finger around the second fret, just before it (or after depending on your intonation) until you find the right pitch. Practice your natural harmonic technique without using the bar. Just strum the G string and move your left finger around (not fretting the notes, of course) until you find the highest pitch you can get (again, around the second fret itself). Change up how much pressure you use, ideally: you smack the string with your left hand to hit the harmonic, and remove your finger asap and it'll ring out better. Mess around with that, once you can get a clean and pure harmonic, then practice the dive-then-harmonic-then-pull-up technique that gets you the high pitched Dime squeals you seem to be after.

(The way I do the Dime squeals is without even picking the string, just smack the string with the finger that triggers the harmonic, almost like a hammer-on, cept you're not fretting it. This way your right hand is on the bar ready to do your whammy-ing)

Good luck!
Last edited by RestinPeaceDime at Apr 14, 2015,