used 6505
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
i think you need to figure out what you want. or at least give us more detail.

the 6505+ combo, the dark terror, and the JCM2000 DSL401 are all potentials. they all take pedals well (assuming the dark terror is similar to the other terrors thats the only one i haven't tried). don't get sucked into the shitty low wattage blackstars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ up for that.

What result do you want to achieve exactly TS?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm looking for a small tube combo, so sorry, no jcm800 for me. budget $500-600. an fx loop would be great. The 6505 that was mentioned has picked my interest.
Quote by twotooto2jn
I'm looking for a small tube combo, so sorry, no jcm800 for me. budget $500-600. an fx loop would be great. The 6505 that was mentioned has picked my interest.

OK, lets try this again.

what guitars do you have?
what genre do you play mostly?
any specific tones you like? (youtube videos are helpful)
how important are cleans
are you gigging? recording?
budget is $500-$600
where are you located?

give us that and you will get better recommendations.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Guitar EC-256 (great guitar)
Genres: Metal, hard rock, pop punk, and a very small amount of crunchy blues.
Tones: I've always loved haste the day and all that remains tones. particularly from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3QRR3meXE
Cleans: cleans are pretty important, I love my heavy reverb and delay (from pedals).
Not gigging or recording, the only place I play so far is my church and there I plug into a PA.

Honestly probably anything would be better than my current Line 6 Spider IV 15.

Hope that helps.
Thanks guys.
Last edited by twotooto2jn at Apr 16, 2015,
Given that cleans are important and that you are wanting to use it at church I would suggest you stay away from the 6505 - a great metal amp - but notorious for not having a very clean clean channel.

I play metal and at church as well and I have a Blackstar HT-5, although I recently got a Peavey Valveking to give me more clean headroom. I still really like my Blackstar, I know some people hate them but I like mine. The clean channel can be clean and takes ODs, reverbs and delays without a problem. With an OD in front the overdrive channel can certainly do metal.

That being said a couple things to note - I use the HT-5 head, I had a HT-5R combo and the Ht-5R METAL combo as well and I can attest that my head was built better than the combo versions, the combos both had some electonic hum that my head or a few other BS head I tried with the same setup never had. Also the combos had a lot more hiss on the OD channel than the head.

Other thing is the speaker. The stock speaker on the BS combo is not great, it can get the job done, but it could be done better. I swapped the speaker in one of the combos with a EVH branded celestion (which i believe is the G12h) and it sounded like a completely different amp - in a good way.

So I would take a head & cab over the combo and if you do get the combo change the speaker. I run my head with a V30 2x12 but would like to get a greenback cab as well.

I haven't tried the Ibanez so I can't give any opinion other than generalizaitons - the volume difference between 5W and 15W will be next to nothing, but you should have more clean headroom with a 15W, but if you are running into a PA that wouldn't really be an issue, also the blackstar has an emulated our that you could run into the PA.

That's my thoughts on the two options you were looking at.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I was finally able to try out an HT5R and realized that I didn't even need the metal one, the regular one has tons of gain. I bought it that day. Very happy with it so far. Thanks again.
what. literally no one suggested you get that amp. what are you thanking people for.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
What the **** happened here...
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Welp, as long as you're happy
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by diabolical
I think he just proved us that we all wasted our time

sometimes it is a lost cause.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by AcousticMirror
what. literally no one suggested you get that amp. what are you thanking people for.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X