Hello. Im trying to learn the main solo to one by metallica but there's a small part where i have to do a 2 fonger bend on the 22nd and 24th fret (high e) but i only have 22 frets. How can i replicate the sound of the note? Thanks.
Hi,

The cheapest options are:
1) Bend the string even more at the 22nd fret to get the pitch you need.
2) Find an alternative note in the same key / scale that would fit and replace that note in the solo - people aren't really going to notice that you didn't play highest note as long as the note you replace it with is in the right key.

Otherwise you could throw money at the problem:
1) Get a guitar that has 24 frets!
2) Or get some kind of pitch shifter pedal - a digitech whammy or something like that. to shift the note up to the correct pitch.
Bend the 22nd fret to the high E.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ I think he means there's a bend at the 24th.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bend at 22 or simply play it differently. Make your own arrangement of the solo. A high E harmonic might be a cool substitution.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Apr 15, 2015,
Quote by mantonnewtonsqu
Hello. Im trying to learn the main solo to one by metallica but there's a small part where i have to do a 2 fonger bend on the 22nd and 24th fret (high e) but i only have 22 frets. How can i replicate the sound of the note? Thanks.

I have a couple of songs like that, where the original music bends upward FROM the 24th fret. You're sorta screwed if you don't have a 24-fret guitar.

One option is to just redo the solo so that you're bending from an octave down (12th fret).