Curious as to how one would go about this and what one would need.

Would something like a simple Woody series soundhole pickup, wired through an endpin jack be acceptable? Would that be considered crude? What would a better option be?

What all equipment would be required for an operation like this?
"I think it's so cool that you can pick up the guitar and create something that didn't exist 5 minutes ago."
Those actually look very reasonably priced thanks for the suggestion.
"I think it's so cool that you can pick up the guitar and create something that didn't exist 5 minutes ago."
I like soundhole/magnetic pickups, but I would only buy one that had adjustable pole pieces. The reason is that the magnetic output between individual acoustic (80/20, phos bronze) strings is much greater than between individual electric strings, so they are more difficult to balance. - And you might not like the way a fixed-pole one comes.

The Baggs M1 Active behaves like a combined magnetic and piezo, so you get a of of body sounds from it, good if you want to do tapping or like some acoustic noises to come through. I have one in my prewar Gibson. It is very bright, so might you end up cutting the treble, as I do.