How would you all describe stage presence for each of these genres?
Punk rock/punk/pop punk
Metal
Jazz
Blues
Pop rock
Rock
etc

Because you wouldn't headbang on stage for anything else that isn't metal or a metal sub genre.
Quote by aaronfield6
How would you all describe stage presence for each of these genres?
Punk rock/punk/pop punk
Metal
Jazz
Blues
Pop rock
Rock
etc

Because you wouldn't headbang on stage for anything else that isn't metal or a metal sub genre.

1. Not all music fits neatly into genres
2. Define rock, because Angus Young headbangs on stage all the time and I'm pretty sure AC/DC are not 'metal.'
3. There's individuality across all these genres so there isn't a consistent rule to follow for each.
4. Final point, define 'stage presence.'
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at Apr 15, 2015,
Punk rock/punk/pop punk......Idealism
Metal..................................Angst
Jazz....................................Sporadic Centerdness
Blues..................................Sadboy
Pop rock..............................Quasi-Angst Content
Rock...................................Pyro'd Smoke n Mirrors

Hip Hop/Rap........................Self Actualization
Quote by digman50
1. Not all music fits neatly into genres
2. Define rock, because Angus Young headbangs on stage all the time and I'm pretty sure AC/DC are not 'metal.'
3. There's individuality across all these genres so there isn't a consistent rule to follow for each.
4. Final point, define 'stage presence.'

How you move on stage, as I'm joining one of these bands where we do a shit tonne of different genres...some of the above and I was just wondering for each separate genre how would I move on stage?
Pretty ambitious taking on all these genres.

Ever listen to Richard Cheese? Not saying you want to be like him, but he takes on metal, rap, rock, pop, etc.

Point is he does it all with a lounge Jazz vibe. Does Slayer and Snoop Dogg in the same set.
Quote by HorrorfaN

Ever listen to Richard Cheese? Not saying you want to be like him, but he takes on metal, rap, rock, pop, etc.

Point is he does it all with a lounge Jazz vibe. Does Slayer and Snoop Dogg in the same set.

What a wonderful contribution.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by HorrorfaN

We are taking on: punk rock; metal; rock; blues and hard rock
Quote by aaronfield6
How you move on stage, as I'm joining one of these bands where we do a shit tonne of different genres...some of the above and I was just wondering for each separate genre how would I move on stage?

I personally don't think you should change how you interact and move on stage individually with each song you play, it'd look ridiculous.

Also, because stage presence has to do with the way you dress, style of instruments, your back-line, haircuts, the atmosphere of the crowd, the size of stage, venue etc. too. You can't change that to match individual songs in a set, it'd be ridiculous.

I suggest you move in whatever way comes naturally to you, just as those artists that you're hoping to imitate likely did. If you really insist on copying others then why not just watch a few live videos on YouTube, it'll do more good than trying to use your imagination to produce an image of how a band moves from a poorly-communicated description provided by someone in the off-topic section of a guitar website.

Also, you should cum blood, and what you really need is a new amp/smoke machine.

FSHHHHHHHHHHHH
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
From stereotypes:

Punk: Light headbanging, eyeliner, mean look
Metal: Cargo shorts, long hair flopping about
Jazz: Middle-aged balding guy with a look of disgust
Blues: Middle-aged balding guy with a look of disgust
Pop rock: Sexual innuendos in a physical dance form
Rock: Anything inbetween
Consider a lot of successful artists aren't exactly known for their "stage presence" anyway..

Dave Mustaine essentially stands in one spot and fixes his hair every now and then.

That's not to say Megadeth puts on a bad show, AT ALL! They have absolutely rocked every time I've seen them.. lost count.

And I don't think I've seen Dave move the whole time.
They are all stupid. I paid to see people play music not act like they have Parkinson.
Quote by Will Lane
From stereotypes:

Punk: Light headbanging, eyeliner, mean look
Metal: Cargo shorts, long hair flopping about
Pop rock: Sexual innuendos in a physical dance form
Rock: Anything inbetween

this
Quote by Will Lane

especially this
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Vampire_State
Doesn't matter what you're playing if you have a shitload of hair.

ftfy

But seriously, don't try to do what people who play the genre do if you're switching around a lot. Do you. The only genre defined by the stage presence is shoegaze, and even then that depends how literally you take it. If you get into the music you're playing it'll be convincing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Just... move with the music... Practice loosening up, practice with a mirror, and if you have trouble, force yourself to move because it will eventually just come naturally.

Also stage presence isn't just headbanging... or just how you dress
regarding stage presents, i know sometimes drummers will throw their drumsticks into the crowds. guitarists throw their picks. it's a pretty cool present for someone who gets a pick from their favourite guitarist.

ts i would recommend brining spare drumsticks and picks. Also maybe get those nose+moustache goggles and throw those to some people as well
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by aaronfield6

I don't think that you know how bands or genres or stage presence work.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
just do what you feel. like when you're playing, do whatever the music makes you wanna do

Quote by HorrorfaN
Consider a lot of successful artists aren't exactly known for their "stage presence" anyway..

Dave Mustaine essentially stands in one spot and fixes his hair every now and then.

That's not to say Megadeth puts on a bad show, AT ALL! They have absolutely rocked every time I've seen them.. lost count.

And I don't think I've seen Dave move the whole time.

well how can he

i mean those riffs

i don't even really like megadeth anymore and ill still defend daves ability to play guitar, man plays some fucking mean riffs
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
just do what you feel. like when you're playing, do whatever the music makes you wanna do

well how can he

i mean those riffs

i don't even really like megadeth anymore and ill still defend daves ability to play guitar, man plays some fucking mean riffs

I agree man, I just don't understand how someone can stand still throughout the concert

By the way I love your signature it made me laugh
^ that. if you start dancing, morph into a dog, a sheep, a bird etc. you will steal the show
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
^ that. if you start dancing, morph into a dog, a sheep, a bird etc. you will steal the show

Who says it's a dog, a sheep, a bird etc.

It could be a lion, a goat, and a chicken etc?
Quote by aaronfield6
Who says it's a dog, a sheep, a bird etc.

It could be a lion, a goat, and a chicken etc?

closer inspection of the prints reveal that they're false, feline tracks have three lobes at the back of the heel pad, but they are definitely not canine as I originally stated. The hooves are wrong for most animals. And I think you'll find that the chicken is an avian, but has a much smaller hallux.

EDIT: On a good day I'm as much of a weirdo as that drummer is when I'm on bass.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 17, 2015,