Hi guys

I posted a while ago on here about my npd, which was the Toyroom Fx Chuleta fuzz. It sounds great, but when I turn my amp up (Peavey Classic 30) past 3 or 4, it starts to feedback. And this isn't just when I let a note ring out. Even while muting the strings, standing 10 feet away from the amp, it's just solid screeching. It isn't the guitar because it does that with another one too.

I don't think it's the pedal, but I'm not sure what is causing it. It should be usable past 3 on the amp. Let me know if you have any ideas

Thanks
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
If I'm correct, fuzzes oscillate especially easily when used with a wah. Something about the impedance. Do you have a wah in your rig? People have solved this by using a buffer in between the wah and fuzz, but I'm not sure if that's the case here.
what does it do at a high volume without the fuzz?

can you try it with another amp? another guitar?

i also think it could be a microphonic preamp tube.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Will Lane
If I'm correct, fuzzes oscillate especially easily when used with a wah. Something about the impedance. Do you have a wah in your rig? People have solved this by using a buffer in between the wah and fuzz, but I'm not sure if that's the case here.

that's only with original fuzzes from the 60s (although a few new ones use the same circuit without the correction). simple fix for that is to put the wah after the fuzz. most new fuzz pedals have the impedence thing fixed so it's not an issue

how much gain are you using from the amp? you may have a microphonic tube as well.
Quote by greeny23
Toyroom Effects - Destroying your amp since 2010.

Haha. Ill try swapping out the tubes tonight when I get home. If that doesn't work ill answer the other questions.
Peavey Classic 30
+some pedals
Out of curiosity is it still the same when you mess around with the guitar vol knob while the amp is passed 3?

...when in doubt buy a noise gate? xD
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by monwobobbo
that's only with original fuzzes from the 60s (although a few new ones use the same circuit without the correction). simple fix for that is to put the wah after the fuzz. most new fuzz pedals have the impedence thing fixed so it's not an issue

how much gain are you using from the amp? you may have a microphonic tube as well.
Thanks for clarifying c: And on second thought, +1 check for microphonic tubes. Either tap the end of the preamps with a pencil eraser end (with the amp on) or just try the amp and guitar without the fuzz/wah.
Quote by greeny23
Toyroom Effects - Destroying your amp since 2010.
Update: It wasn't the preamps, and without the fuzz it had very little feedback, and only when it was almost cranked.

I was able to fix it by putting the fuzz before my wah. It still has a bit of feedback at much louder volumes, but I can deal with that.
Peavey Classic 30
+some pedals
Quote by xvasmx
Out of curiosity is it still the same when you mess around with the guitar vol knob while the amp is passed 3?

...when in doubt buy a noise gate? xD

I personally believe everyone should have a good noise gate. While my set up is usually dead quite, the occasional bar or venue can just have a lot of noise and what not. It happens a lot and it's great having that little safety net!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify