im looking for a really versatile setup... do hendrix, zeppelin, whole british sound
ive got a blues deluxe reissue, a swollen pickle and a dunlop wah... i was thinking a wampler plexi drive

basically id like the marshall sound but i dont want to pay that much, i love the sound of this fender...

and basically i have no idea what im doing... lol can i run the fuzz with the plexi drive and get hendrix?
I use a somewhat similar amp and I always think Tubescreamer type od and neck pup for Hendrix (or sometimes the pup selector position for bridge and middle on a Strat). If you wanna turn your amp into a crunchy Marshall amp (kinda, sorta), I highly recommend the MI Audio Crunch Box. That purpose is exactly why I love the pedal. And, it has plenty of gain to go beyond, yet it cleans up enough to sound eerily like a Tubescreamer as a boost with gain off.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by jintimtim
im looking for a really versatile setup... do hendrix, zeppelin, whole british sound
ive got a blues deluxe reissue, a swollen pickle and a dunlop wah... i was thinking a wampler plexi drive

basically id like the marshall sound but i dont want to pay that much, i love the sound of this fender...

and basically i have no idea what im doing... lol can i run the fuzz with the plexi drive and get hendrix?

ok i gotta ask if you want a british style tone why on earth did you get a fender amp? for hendrix you need a fuzz. that will work with uyour amp as the sound will be coming from the pedal. one of the dunlop fuzz faces should do he trick along with your wah.

as for the other stuff i dunno i use either a t-rex crunchy frog or a digitech hardwire cm-2 overdrive into a Peavey Valveking ( i also have an ULtra but that amp doesn't really need pedals for that stuff.). since the distortion channel on your amp is kinda crap not sure if that would work for you. it should work for the blues stuff like clapton or peter green blues breaker type sounds.
Quote by monwobobbo
ok i gotta ask if you want a british style tone why on earth did you get a fender amp? for hendrix you need a fuzz. that will work with uyour amp as the sound will be coming from the pedal. one of the dunlop fuzz faces should do he trick along with your wah.

as for the other stuff i dunno i use either a t-rex crunchy frog or a digitech hardwire cm-2 overdrive into a Peavey Valveking ( i also have an ULtra but that amp doesn't really need pedals for that stuff.). since the distortion channel on your amp is kinda crap not sure if that would work for you. it should work for the blues stuff like clapton or peter green blues breaker type sounds.

Well he certainly could work off a purely clean tone from the amp and just rely on pedals through & through for the time being

@TS In the event you're looking to get a new amp however I totally recommend an Egnater Tweaker for versatility. Wattage is totally up to you
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Catlinbread makes a few pedals that you might like.

The DLS is a Marshall type OD and the RAH is based on Jimmy Page's Hiwatt rig
www.catalinbread.com/dls.html
www.catalinbread.com/rah.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate