Page 1 of 2
Genres:- Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal. Sometimes pop, country or trance.

Budget, Under Rs.10k

Currently considering :-
sennheiser momentum in ear (Rs.7k)
Shure SE215 (Rs.8.5k)
RHA 750i (Rs.10k)
Sony XBA-h1 (Rs.6k)
Harman Kardon AE (Rs.6k)

Which ones would be good? Idk their prices in USA, maybe i'm getting good deals of some of them. For Reference, Rs.6k ~ $100
Last edited by varundbest at Apr 16, 2015,
Quote by varundbest
Genres:- Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal. Sometimes pop, country or trans.

trans is not a genre of music
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
skullcandy that you steal from your brother.

free stuff is best.

and then once these break, i'll move on to the even shittier Casio earbuds Marlboro sent me a few months ago.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Rs.10K?

real numbers please

if you're spending 100$ on in ear headphone your doing it wrong, very wrong. Shouldn't spend more than like £30 on in ear ones as their quality is always gash

proper headphones yeah, go nuts, but due to their size, in ears are always inferior, and if you're paying more than £30 you're getting mugged off
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
RHA. I haven't tested that model but generally speaking they're the best at the low/mid price ranges. They have the best warranty also (3yrs vs the standard 1yr I think)

source: I am into iems and currently use £400 ones.

Quote by Bladez22
Rs.10K?

real numbers please

if you're spending 100$ on in ear headphone your doing it wrong, very wrong. Shouldn't spend more than like £30 on in ear ones as their quality is always gash

proper headphones yeah, go nuts, but due to their size, in ears are always inferior, and if you're paying more than £30 you're getting mugged off

incorrect.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
my mate had some #sickbeats in ear headphones that were worth like £200, sounded literally the same as the £30 ones I use. Used them on my laptop and equalized everything, still sounded the same. Drivers on the in ear ones are just too small to be properly decent

Not to mention the problems they have on your hearing

I mean, its your money and opinion. That's just my take on it anyway. For me spending a lot on in ear headphones is pointless because I use them loads when I'm out, so they get roughed up quite a bit, and I go through like 2-3 pairs a year. So spending more than £20 on them just doesn't make any sense for me (especially since I'm broke and can't afford to drop any more on them anyway). I have a pair of over ear headphones I use when I'm on my laptop, I only ever use my in ears when I'm walking to uni, or in the gym or something
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Apr 16, 2015,
Quote by Bladez22
Rs.10K?

real numbers please

+ 1

Completely spot on.

Quote by theguitarist

incorrect.

You're incorrect.
Last edited by BreatheOver at Apr 16, 2015,
Get some Skullcandies, they're like $10 last about 2 months so it's pretty good
Very personal choice. If using them as IEM for live music I like Shure for relatively flat natural response. For general listening... a pretty wide spectrum is available but Sony MDR-EXP650 are pretty nice. Good IEMs are very good at noise isolation and full range sound quality. These ain't yo mama's cheap walkman buds.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
People actually spend that much for earbuds? I just use the ones that came with my ipod. I really don't need my music to be high quality on the go.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
People actually spend that much for earbuds? I just use the ones that came with my ipod. I really don't need my music to be high quality on the go.

fair point but if you're not concerned about the quality of the music at least be concerned about the well being of your hearing
Quote by Amuro Jay
fair point but if you're not concerned about the quality of the music at least be concerned about the well being of your hearing

I'll listen to music kinda loud but I don't use earbuds very often anyways so I'm not that concerned. I never use those earbuds that you actually have to push into your ears either.

I do try and protect my hearing a bit. My friends will pick on me because I'll wear earplugs at shows, which I think is silly because who the hell wants their ears ringing for two days and or tinnitus?
Quote by theguitarist
RHA. I haven't tested that model but generally speaking they're the best at the low/mid price ranges. They have the best warranty also (3yrs vs the standard 1yr I think)

source: I am into iems and currently use £400 ones.

incorrect.

So should ma750i be a safe bet? I like those punchy base and guitar riffs while listening to Metallica. I think i'm getting Sony Xba-h1 at a relatively low price than USA, is it even close to ma750i?
Bass... Metallica?

lol

(Invalid img)

JVC HA FX1X - headphones - In-ear

on topic, these are probably the best ieh I've used, they're £8.90 atm because they've been out a while now, they were £30 when I bought them a year and a half ago
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
Bass... Metallica?

lol

(Invalid img)

on topic, these are probably the best ieh I've used, they're £8.90 atm because they've been out a while now, they were £30 when I bought them a year and a half ago

Stop trying to ruin this man's life with your bad taste in headphones
Quote by Bladez22
my mate had some #sickbeats in ear headphones that were worth like £200, sounded literally the same as the £30 ones I use. Used them on my laptop and equalized everything, still sounded the same. Drivers on the in ear ones are just too small to be properly decent

you are deaf/they were shit. Also the higher end ones need a decent dac to be any good, whereas an over-ear you can just turn up the volume and be impressed by the wubs. So it's likely that if you just ran it through your laptop you'd get the same junky output regardless of what earphone you plugged in, unless you have some amazing sound-card in the mix.

Not to mention the problems they have on your hearing

I mean, its your money and opinion. That's just my take on it anyway. For me spending a lot on in ear headphones is pointless because I use them loads when I'm out, so they get roughed up quite a bit, and I go through like 2-3 pairs a year. So spending more than £20 on them just doesn't make any sense for me (especially since I'm broke and can't afford to drop any more on them anyway). I have a pair of over ear headphones I use when I'm on my laptop, I only ever use my in ears when I'm walking to uni, or in the gym or something

IEM quality, while not going to match over-ear, gets close if you deduct the premium you're paying for the smaller size. at lower end prices for over-ears, the only thing you're really getting that is significantly better is more bass. I think spending below £50 on in-ears, you deserve to get ones that fall apart in seconds though.

I use my iems pretty much every day in general use and during exercise and they've lasted 2 years, and they were second hand at that. I got a custom cable also that's lasted me a year now which I can replace any time. My previous items (£200 range) have lasted me about 5 years and are still working fine (even though I've had quite a few junk cables replaced with them).

anyway, this iem vs over-ear bullshit is a boring topic. on srs audio sites both sides just agree to stay out of each other's way these days rather than bicker like kids about it.

Quote by Wormholes
In ear headphones are so bad for you and so uncomfortable.

I'd say the same about people who use over-ears and have the volume at max. Earphones & headphones are perfectly fine if you are using it at a safe volume.

as for comfort, you can get memory foam and also can get custom molds and the shape and fit varies a lot between brands anyway. Though I know there are people with odd shaped ear holes that just can't do any kind of in-ear.

Quote by varundbest
So should ma750i be a safe bet? I like those punchy base and guitar riffs while listening to Metallica. I think i'm getting Sony Xba-h1 at a relatively low price than USA, is it even close to ma750i?

I was just going of my experience with the lower end RHA in the £30-£60 range. Best to have a good look at some proper reviews for each:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-ma750i/reviews
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-hybrid-black-in-ear-headphones-xba-h1/reviews

seems like the sony is a bit iffy.

Quote by Bladez22
Bass... Metallica?

lmao come on be serious.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I think spending below £50 on in-ears, you deserve to get ones that fall apart in seconds though.

True that.

Hell, I bought an $80 set of Klipsch in-ears and they've been battered and abused quite a bit but they still work just fine. And it's been five years at least. They're not even made for durability, little thin wires and everything.
Quote by Bladez22
Bass... Metallica?

lol

(Invalid img)

Bass doesn't always mean Lil Wayne. You should try - Sad but true. And I didn't mean overwhelming bass, more like a punch for drums and bass guitar.
@all.
I think I should go go RHA ma750i, are they better than shure se215 that I can pay a premium over it for them? Worth the price I pay?
Quote by varundbest
@all.
I think I should go go RHA ma750i, are they better than shure se215 that I can pay a premium over it for them? Worth the price I pay?

If I were you I'd read reviews for each product on CNET or something and look at all the pros and cons and make your decision based on what you like the most.
Quote by varundbest
@all.

hard to say. the se215 has a removable cable though, which works out great in the long run.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shure-se215

based on the reviews RHA ones seem better sound though.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Bladez22
Do you even have ears?

I bet you listen to mp3's habitually.
Quote by Bladez22
wrong^99
Quote by theguitarist
RHA. I haven't tested that model but generally speaking they're the best at the low/mid price ranges.
According to the reviews.

I own a pair of 950i and they sound fairly bad to me.
Also they are veeery uncomfortable to wear for a long time.

TS I'd rather go for the sony's.
Quote by Bladez22
my mate had some #sickbeats in ear headphones that were worth like £200, sounded literally the same as the £30 ones I use.
You mean beats headphones?
If so you've chosen the wrongest possible example.
Quote by Bladez22
Used them on my laptop and equalized everything, still sounded the same.
That also was your error.

Did you play 256kbps AAC bought from the itunes store as well to test them?
Quote by Bladez22
Drivers on the in ear ones are just too small to be properly decent
You should stop 'cause you have no idea what you're talking about.

The indication of this is that you are convinced that a small driver can't sound as good as a big one in these cases.
Quote by BreatheOver
You're incorrect.
You seem to have no idea what we're talking about either.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2

According to the reviews.

I own a pair of 950i and they sound fairly bad to me.
Also they are veeery uncomfortable to wear for a long time.

Google says those are over-ears?

I think they have a better reputation with the in-ears. I've gotten some lower end RHA for family and when I've tried them they've been pretty decent for the price. Not fantastic, but getting a lot more than you pay for. I had the suspicion though at the higher price points they'd not be so great like the ma750i being looked at.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by So-Cal
audiophiles are insufferable

everyone has their obsessions which are always pretty insufferable to anyone who doesn't care about it.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by varundbest
@spambot, I was pet convinced that ma750i were good ones. Could you be a little specific about their sound signature?
I wrote the 950i sound bad to me, not the 750i.
The latter ones I have no first hand experience with.
Quote by theguitarist
Google says those are over-ears?
Yes they are.
Quote by theguitarist
I think they have a better reputation with the in-ears.
I'll be sure to try some out when I have the chance.
Quote by theguitarist
I had the suspicion though at the higher price points they'd not be so great like the ma750i being looked at.
The 950i cost less than the 750i tho.
About a third of the money.

They have a very hyped bass, the mid rage is muddy, there's a dip in the mid-high end and the high end is very muddy/unclear/not airy.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by theguitarist
everyone has their obsessions which are always pretty insufferable to anyone who doesn't care about it.

yeah but most people like to keep those sorts of things to themselves

it's when someone says something about cheap headphones or whatever and some audiophile always pipes up with some shit about how you need to spend over a grand on some piece of equipment to really be able to hear the music as if it's not all subjective anyway
Quote by So-Cal
as if it's not all subjective anyway
You may like the sound of something over the sound of something else, tho how something sounds accurate to the source material isn't subjective by a stretch.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I know and i used to be an audiophile but these days i'm not bothered as long as it's not apple earphone quality then i'll listen through whatever. But there definitely is a law of diminishing returns in terms of price and sound quality.
i just don't get why you're expressing your distaste for audiophiles, when this is a thread almost directly for audiophioles
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Different strokes for different folks.

My Shure IEMs are 10 yrs old and I gig with them once or twice every month. I also use them when flying for noise isolation and long distances in a loud car. They still sound very good and better than most average home theater speakers or near field monitors costing less than $1k. My Sony MDR headphones are probably 20 yrs old and look like they have been through the war. They sound very good as well. Better than the Shure IEM but not a ton better. I need and use both.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Page 1 of 2