Hello guys,well,I'm going to usa next year,and I'm going to buy my guitar and stuff there,I was thinking about:
-Fender Mustang I v2
-Used Boss ME-25

But,I haven't chosen what guitar and pickups I should buy, I was thinking about the Dean Vendetta XMT and a Seymour Duncan SH-11 for the bridge. What do you recommend me?

(a 24 frets,vintage tremolo guitar would be nice) Also,is the pickup fine? I don't play very heavy music,the heaviest I usually play is metallica.
Last edited by frecebutmito at Apr 16, 2015,
your ideas are interesting, I appreciate that you know what you like/what you want... but if you get a guitar with a tremolo (ESPECIALLY a Floyd Rose in this context) you don't want a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom SH-11, you want a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom TB-11 (Trembucker). or if you decide DiMarzio's at the last minute they need to be "F-Spaced"
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
your ideas are interesting, I appreciate that you know what you like/what you want... but if you get a guitar with a tremolo (ESPECIALLY a Floyd Rose in this context) you don't want a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom SH-11, you want a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom TB-11 (Trembucker). or if you decide DiMarzio's at the last minute they need to be "F-Spaced"

Oh,thanks,I just wanted to know if that guitar is ok or I should choose another one.
Well, some of your ideas conflict a little bit in my mind - I'd say go with a Strat, but you're looking at 24 frets.

You could do Warmoth, which is a website that allows you to custom build entire guitars from scratch with a really easy to follow flash walk-through. It's quick and convenient, and every step offers a small question mark beside the choices that will explain each to you, so there's not a ton of room for screwing up - if something doesn't line up with something else, the site will alert you.

If you want my honest opinion, get a Stratocaster, swap out the pickups, and you'll have a super-versatile guitar with the vintage-style trem you're looking for. You can get a Mexican Strat for a comparable price to that Dean Vendetta, and you'll be getting a waaaaaaaaaay better guitar for your money. Pickups and the like are very easy to swap and customize on a Strat, so you can do whatever you can dream up with a good guitar guy from a local shop doing the work.

As for pickups, I play primarily progressive metal, but go into alternative metal, hard rock, and even some bluesy stuff, and I have not found a better pickup for my taste than the DiMarzio Evolution. You can have it wired to coil-tap, which gives you either a humbucker's tone, or a single-coil's tone with a flick of the pickup selector switch, and it has enough output to rock hard and even thrash if you want, but not so much that it'll limit you to only that realm.

Plus, with a Strat, if you decide eventually that you want a Floyd Rose put in there, you can have a luthier rout out the bridge cavity a little and put one in. You'll have to change the pickguard at that point, or have it modified (cheaper, and it can look fine if it's done correctly), but it's not costly - I just got a replacement pickguard for my strat for $25 bucks.

You could go used Ibanez RG as well, which isn't a bad way to go - just go with a RG350 or higher - guitars below that are not generally very quality-oriented or reliable - they're pretty much starter guitars unless you're looking for a project to use the body/neck, so long as it's not a GIO.

Anyway, hopefully this has been a little helpful. If you need anything else, just let me know and I'll help with what I can.
This signature is worth TONS of money. You should see what you can get for it.
Last edited by Rifftanic at Apr 16, 2015,