I would like to "assemble" a baritone, and by that I mean do it by finding a cheap but usable body, and 28.625" baritone neck, put them together, slap on a bridge, put in fresh electronics and pups, and put thick gauge strings on it. I won't skimp on the bridge, pups, or tuning keys. Now, the best way to do this would be to use a Strat or a Tele, because of the bolt on neck and most bari necks are designed for Strats and Teles. But, I do not want to build it out of Fender parts. Unless I absolutely have to. I will if need be, but for now let's completely take that option off the table.

The best option I like is using a Les Paul body. Now like I said, most baritone conversion necks are made specifically for Fenders. Fenders scale length is typically 25.5", and Gibson is 24.75". I plan on getting a Schaller Non-Trem Roller Bridge, because it has amazing features for intonation and string spacing. But even if I put the best bridge on the planet on this guitar will that .75" cause major issues? Or would the neck have to be shorter? I could just order the neck slightly shorter I guess.

That's the major issue I can think of, but please feel free to poke any other holes in my logic. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am currently on a week of vacation, and have some time on my hands and boundless determination. I just have this urge to create a frankenguitar. Pickup advice would be cool too.
Most Les Pauls are set (glued) necks.

Bolt-on conversion necks are made for bolt-neck guitars like Fenders.

You can get LP-style guitars that already have longer necks. The issue is that beyond about 27-28", even LPs can get a bit neck-heavy due to the placement of the neck area strap button (around the 16th fret). Most strat-alikes have strap buttons around the 12th fret (of a standard 25.5" neck).

I don't know of any readily available conversion necks for the very few bolt-neck LP (ish) guitars that are out there.

I think you need to do a bit more research.
Some cheaper Epiphone's have bolt on necks, and that's just fine because if I am making a monster of a guitar I don't want to destroy a Gibson. I came to the conclusion that I would have to place the bridge saddle back a smidge. Thanks for the reply!
You can get a body from usacg, all parts, or some other makers. If you can finish the guitar yourself it will be cheaper
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by jesusblizzard
Some cheaper Epiphone's have bolt on necks, and that's just fine because if I am making a monster of a guitar I don't want to destroy a Gibson. I came to the conclusion that I would have to place the bridge saddle back a smidge. Thanks for the reply!

the only thing the epi bolton LP's do well is is that they are a great canoe paddle.

get something decent and do it right.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jesusblizzard

Then it becomes pointless to start with a cheap Epiphone. You may just as well start with a body that has had the bridge and tailpiece put in the correct positions in the first place. Warmoth has LP-shape bolt-neck bodies, and can place bridges (and pickups) correctly for the baritone neck. But you still have the issue of a possibly neck-heavy guitar. You'll also want to decide whether you want a 22 or a 24-fret neck (it'll make a difference in bridge placement).

Better yet, why not start with a guitar that already has an extended scale neck (Rondo has 27" Baritones that start at $169.99 http://www.rondomusic.com/hadron627.html and move to $600: http://www.rondomusic.com/Baritone_Guitars.html with several LP-shape examples along the way)