Hey guys,
I couldn't post this in the pit because this is a brand new account so I decided to post it here

I'm from Vancouver and I have to go move to the East Coast (near Boston). It's a university I always dreamed about going so I have basically been in shock for the past 4 months and I'm finally getting out of procrastination mode and starting to pack up (I'm moving in two weeks). My problem is however that I'll be moving into a dorm eventually. I've heard that peoples' guitars get massacred... and I don't want that happening. But the problem is that I don't think I can do without my guitars. Do you think it's stupid to bring 3 $3000 guitar to university (or college as you folks like to call it)? Should I just invest in a cheap guitar and just deal with not having a good guitar with me?

Cheers
Last edited by PussySmasher_69 at Apr 17, 2015,
Buy a cheapie!!! Leave your good guitars at home.
Last edited by Marsden at Apr 17, 2015,
Go cheap. You can find a perfectly workable import guitar for under $300 to get your fix. Get a good setup on it and you won't know the difference.
Taking 3 $3000 guitars to college is beyond stupid. Not to mention your dorm room probably won't have enough space for 3 guitars.
It may also help you appreciate your super overpriced guitars at home.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
A $300 MIM Tele is a good guitar. Get one of those and take it to school.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Unless you're renting a place off campus I'd follow suit with the other posts suggesting you to buy a fairly inexpensive guitar. (And maybe a mini amp too! )

That being said I brought a MIA Strat with me back in first year which I pretty much kept chained to my room! xD :P
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]